Etna Trail hike: Serracozzo Cave, Valle del Bove, Etna Summit view
Come and experience the thrill of walking the most beautiful part of the famous trail route of the Maxi Race circuit on the Etna volcano.
You will enter a lava tunnel, walk along the crest of the Valle del Bove and you will see the craters of the summit up close.
The descent on the volcanic sand will be very fun.
Come and explore the most beautiful part of the famous Etna Trail route of the Maxi Race circuit.
The “Serracozzo” path is one of the most fascinating routes on Mount Etna, the most active volcano in Europe.
Join us at Rifugio Citelli (Etna Nord), at an altitude of 1,700 meters (there is free public parking). You will be accompanied by our guide from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm approximately, free loan of hiking shoes, sticks, backpack, k-way included. For the rest, you must already be equipped with adequate clothing, a picnic of water. For your comfort you can sleep at the Rifugio Citelli.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hiking shoes, poles, helmet, backpack and k-ways
What's excluded :
Etna Trail hike: lava tunnel, Valle del Bove, view of craters south & north of the summit.
Highlights of the excursion to Serracozzo, what you will see:
- Visit of one of the most beautiful lava tunnels in Etna, the "Serracozzo" of the 1971 eruption (snowfall permitting).
- It is a spectacular hike to see the "Valle del Bove" while walking on the crest of this large caldera.
- You will see closely the summit craters of Etna and the recent lava flows.
- Lava bombs and their impact crater.
- Only on a private formula, we can organize this excursion, with the departure from the Citelli Refuge, 2 hours before sunrise.
The Serracozzo excursion provides 5 hours of hiking (on foot or with snowshoes) on uneven routes, in a lunar landscape or on snow, accompanied by a French-speaking guide.
We can choose the difficulty according to your sporting level: 300, 500 or 1100 vertical meters (from 1800 to 2100/2300/2900 meters above sea level) and the walking distance: 6, 8 or 12 km (descent on volcanic sand) .
• Grotta di Serracozzo, Milo, Sicily Italy
• Valle Del Bove, 95019 Zafferana Etnea, Sicily Italy
• Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
Departure Point :Rifugio Citelli, Via Mareneve, 95010 Sant'Alfio CT, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/10/2020 - 5/8/2021
5/10/2021 - 12/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 03:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:30 AM - 03:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- The minimum age to participate is 8 years old
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.