Exclusive Chiemsee tour, castles islands and so much MORE
Enjoy a very special excursion to Bavaria's largest lake:
The 80 square kilometer Chiemsee with its historical, cultural and scenic highlights offers an endless abundance of unforgettable experiences - look forward to going on an entertaining, informative but above all relaxing tour of discovery with your professional and friendly guide.
First and foremost, of course, is the largest and most expensive Herrenchiemsee Palace of the eccentric fairy tale king Ludwig II and the idyllic village of 300 people on the tiny Fraueninsel. A number of insider tips await you there as well as on the mainland, which will make this excursion - as well as the trips in our new and comfortable VW minivan - an exclusive experience.
Our offer to combine the highlights of the Chiemsee with a guided tour in SALZBURG or a trip to KÖNIGSSEE / EAGLE'S NEST is also exclusive (option "XXL time bonus": 11 hours!)
per adult from
540 to 565 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- > Ride in the new and comfortable VW minivan (a / c - WiFi on board) - only your group takes part!
- > When booking the "XXL time bonus" option, you have a total of 11 hours available!
- > Licensed, friendly and experienced tour guide
- > Guided tours are possible at all of the places mentioned - scenic routes
- > Mineral water
- > No hidden costs!
What's excluded :
- <="" li="">
- "old="" castle"):="" adults:="" €="" 9.90="" children="" up="" years="" free<="" li="">
- < li="">
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Herrenchiemsee
- Entry/Admission - The Eagle's Nest
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Maria Ramersdorf Kirche, Ramersdorfer Str. 6, 81669 Munich, Bavaria Germany
All of the sights mentioned here are carefully selected recommendations. Since this is an exclusive tour, you can always bring your own suggestions; We are also happy to meet your requirements with regard to the length of stay at the individual stops!
But now you can look forward to an eventful, informative but also relaxing excursion in our new VW Comfort Van - by the side of your friendly and professional tour guide you are in the best of hands from the start!
... At the old pilgrimage church of St. Maria Ramersdorf from the 14th century, we leave Munich and drive south-east on the A8 ...
Stop At: Schloss Wildenwart, Ludwigstrasse 10, 83112 Frasdorf, Bavaria Germany
Look forward to the historic castle ensemble in the middle of the idyllic foothills of the Alps just a few kilometers from Lake Chiemsee. Both the beautiful beer garden and the cozy dining rooms of the Schlosswirtschaft invite you to refresh yourself five days a week.
After the revolutionary government took power, the Bavarian royal family, including Ludwig III., Met at Wildenwart Castle, which was to become the new home for the Wittelsbach family.
In 1979 Max Herzog in Bavaria, great-grandson of Ludwig III, moved with his family into the castle, which can be viewed from the outside.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Prien am Chiemsee, Prien am Chiemsee, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria
In Prien we board a boat from the Chiemsee fleet that takes us to Herreninsel after a 15-minute drive. Before doing this, it is worth taking a look at the Gothic-Baroque parish church Maria Himmelfahrt, whose church tower went spectacularly "crazy" in the 18th century! (Prices Chiemseeschifffahrt (2020): Adults: € 9.90 / Children 6 - 15 years € 4.90)
With the oldest still functioning steam tram in the world, you can comfortably travel from the town center to the harbor in 8 minutes in summer
Stop At: Schloss Herrenchiemsee, 83209, Herreninsel, Bavaria Germany
Herrenchiemsee Palace was to become a copy of Versailles Palace, the residence of the French "Sun King" Louis XIV. For financial reasons, however, the most magnificent and expensive palace of the Bavarian King Ludwig II had to be prematurely terminated. On a 35-minute tour, which is well worth seeing, you will visit all the completed, but also some unfinished rooms. (Admission (2020) adults € 9.00 / children under 18 are free).
Your Herrenchiemsee admission ticket also grants you free entry to the so-called "Old Castle", a former monastery building from the 8th century (!) With stunning baroque furnishings. You can also see some very interesting rooms in which Ludwig lived during the construction of the palace, as well as the location of the constitutional convention of 1948. The restaurant located in the historic building complex offers fresh Chiemseefisch and a beer garden with a great view of the Chiemsee with its others Islands.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Stop At: Fraueninsel im Chiemsee, Fraueninsel im Chiemsee, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria
The boat continues to the Fraueninsel, which is only 15.5 hectares in size. Your trained guide will be happy to accompany you on a 45-minute tour of the island, showing and explaining everything worth seeing, including the 1000-year-old monastery church, the equally old 'Tassilo' linden tree and the historic gate hall. The microbrewery "Inselbräu" is ideal for a culinary stop, as are the numerous stalls of the island fishermen.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Gstadt am Chiemsee, Gstadt am Chiemsee, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria
Back on the mainland you can enjoy the most beautiful view over the lake with the Alps in the background from the Malerwinkel in Gstadt. Before that, we would be happy to show you on a natural beach the place where King Ludwig II transferred to "his" island. Did you know that a private train station was also built especially for him on the Munich - Salzburg line? We'll show you!
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: The Eagle's Nest, dokumentatIon Obersalzberg, 83471 Berchtesgaden, Bavaria Germany
OPTIONAL: The Kehlsteinhaus can be reached from May to October with special buses from Obersalzberg near Berchtesgaden (depending on the snow conditions).
In a spectacular location at over 1,800 meters above sea level. The enthroned building was a gift from the NSDAP on Hitler's 50th birthday. At the behest of Martin Bormann, it was built - including the 6.5 km long access road - in just 13 months under mostly difficult conditions for the workers. From the bus terminus you go through a 124-meter-long tunnel to the original elevator, which after another 124 meters takes you to the Kehlsteinhaus, which is now a restaurant.
Kehlsteinhaus prices (2020 - bus ride incl.lift):
Adults € 17.10
Children up to 14 years: € 9.90
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Salzburg, Salzburg, Austrian Alps
For whatever reasons you are interested in the eventful history of Salzburg, this pulsating city will inspire you with its picturesque squares and its abundance of culture, combined with Salzburg hospitality.
Based on your preferences, your guide will show you all the historical and popular highlights of the city of Mozart, such as the Hohensalzburg Fortress, Mozart's birthplace or the Getreidegasse with its excellent shopping opportunities.
In summer we recommend the notorious trick fountains in Hellbrunn Palace!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Schloss Linderhof, Linderhof 12, 82488 Ettal, Bavaria Germany
You can book the unique combination of the two MOST MAGNIFICENT royal castles HERRENCHIEMSEE and LINDERHOF with our tour 173111P6.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Schloss Neuschwanstein, Neuschwansteinstrasse 20, 87645 Schwangau, Bavaria Germany
You can book the unique combination of the two LARGEST royal castles HERRENCHIEMSEE and NEUSCHWANSTEIN with our tour 173111P12.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
.Pick-up at any hotel / address in Munich at 8:00 a.m. or 9:30 a.m. OR ANY OTHER TIME YOU DESIRED - we ask for a brief notification!.Collection (and / or return) is also possible outside of Munich at the customer's request (e.g. MUC airport) - please ask us about any additional costs!
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- TRAVEL * SAFE - TRAVEL SAFE & CONFIDENTLY ... with the certainty that you and your loved ones are safe & protected on ALL of our tours - Since our minivan is equipped with the (removable) aerosol protective screens, we have even exceeded the usual COVID- 19 Guidelines: 1) Only your group will travel in our minivan, which will be cleaned and disinfected after each use. Hand disinfectant is on board. 2) As your (driver) guide, I can present a current health certificate. 3) The minivan is EXCLUSIVELY driven by me (owner of SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE) - that ensures 100% transparency and guarantees maximum safety. 4) When we leave the vehicle for sightseeing, WE AVOID CROWD AND HUMILITY. The top priority is to keep a safe distance! If you have any doubts about visiting certain sights, we can always offer alternatives. 5) We keep ourselves up to date with the latest recommendations and guidelines of the WHO and the federal government. 6) If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! // WHENVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT EXCURSION: Trust SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE - even in turbulent times - we are there for you! Let's all stay healthy, with best regards, Stefan Rieg
- Photo # 3 (Herrenchiemsee bedroom) with kind permission © Bayerische Schlösserverwaltung (herrenchiemsee (dot) de)
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We wish our customers a HAPPY & HEALTHY New Year 2021 ... WHATEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT EXCURSION: Trust our comprehensive COVID-19 measures (see "Further information") on this and our 30 other EXCLUSiVEN tours and travel SAFE & COMFORTABLE.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.