Exclusive Colosseum Gladiator's Arena Floor & Roman Forum Guided Tour|VIP Entry
Receive direct access to the Gladiators' Gate without suffering the heat and struggling with the large crowds. With this truly exclusive guided tour, you can get directly inside the Colosseum from the Gladiator's Gate, allowing you to arrive directly to the middle of the arena's fighting floor.
You can enjoy a unique perspective of the Colosseum, where you will feel like a real gladiator did during a “Ludus Gladiatorius.” Your guide will tell you all about gladiators' combats, as well as many stories about fool emperors who played in the arena as gladiators against wild beasts.
From the Arena floor, you will also have a view directly above the undergrounds. Your guided tour will continue with the Colosseum's first and second rings, admiring the incredible engineering genius of the Romans and their skill to build this legendary monument. Later, walk through the ruins of Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum with your guide, who will be an art and archaeology expert.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Colosseum and Ancient Rome guided walking tour
- Direct access from the Gladiator's Entrance
- Small group of 20 people or less
- Headset system
- Professional tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transportation to and from the attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Receive privileged entrance to the Colosseum directly onto the Arena floor, where gladiators gave their performances.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
You will then, visit the Roman Forum. This is one of the most important archaeological areas in the world with some of Ancient Rome's most evocative ruins, including the Temple of Julius Caesar, Arch of Titus, House of the Vestal Virgins, Senate House and Basilica of Maxentius. Admire the Roman Forum's Sacred Way, the triumphal road where the Centurions of Caesar marched after their return from countless battles and conquests.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Next, go to Palatine Hill to see where the elite emperors took residence. Admire the views of the Circus Maximus on one side and the Roman Forum on the other. See the ruins of the Temple of Julius Caesar, built in the same spot where his body was cremated. Look at the Arch of Titus, House of the Vestal Virgins, Senate House, Basilica of Maxentius and much more.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Roman Forum, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.
- To get inside the Colosseum it used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be can asked just the ticket entrance.
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Please note that for safety reasons the Coliseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once.
- This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened.
- To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- Forbidden objects inside the Colosseum: bottles and glasses containers, alcholic beverages and aerosols, backpacks, camping, bulky bags and luggage / trolley
- Can be introduced medium and small size backpacks to shoulder, which must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund
- Activity not recommended for people with motor lag
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.