EXCLUSiVE MUNiCH & Surroundings ALL-IN-ONE Culture, Nature and History Tour
TRAVEL*SAFE & WITH CONFIDENCE:
MORE ABOUT OUR COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS IN "Additional Info"!
Make the most of your day: experience the cultural riches of the city of MUNICH as well as the breathtaking LAKE DISTRICT.
Immerse yourself in history: visit historical sites in Munich and/or the DACHAU CONCENTRATION CAMP.
Let Stefan, your guide, take care of all the details to make the tour smooth and easy for you.
This MY*GUiDE Tour offers you all the mentioned PLUS:
+ Perfect balance of culture, history & nature – no need to choose, you can have it all in one day!
+ Possibility to customize details & length of the tour (7 or 10 hrs)
+ Professional all-round-care, always at your fingertips but never intrusive
+ Option to go off the beaten track, get insider tips on local highlights
> Know that your day tour is planned & conducted by a friendly and experienced expert tour guide.
> Enjoy the perfect symbiosis of travelling in relaxed comfort and fully leveraging your precious vacation time.
per adult from
7 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private full day tour (only your group is participating)
- Drive in comfortable new Volkswagen Minivan (a/c)
- Licensed, friendly and passionate guide with over 20 years of work experience
- Guided tours at all mentioned places (at Dachau Concentration Camp: Audio guide)
- Duration: 7 or 10 hours
- Botteled water
- No hidden costs!
- COVID-19 SAFE
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (if desired) - Dachau Concentration Camp free admission
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marienplatz 1, 80331 Munich, Bavaria Germany
As soon as you have been picked up at your hotel on time it means for you:
• Look forward to a journey exclusively for your group in our comfortable new Volkswagen Minivan.
• But above all, look forward to your well trained guide Stefan with more than 20 years of professional experience. He will provide everything worth knowing information about all the sights, the country and will find an answer to almost all your questions.
Depending on your wishes or the weather we can start the day with our...
COMREHENSIVE GUIDED WALKING TOUR OF THE OLD CITY DISTRICT - Since 1972, almost the whole of Munich's Old Town has been a pedestrian zone. Many of the following attractions are best explored on foot:
See and learn about the history of the medieval city center, the Residence and Opera, the churches Frauenkirche, Asamkirche (and St. Michaelchurch), see typical medieval town houses, the Hofbräuhaus, Viktualienmarket and of course the famous Glockenspiel at Marienplatz.
With pleasure we can take you to all places mentioned in the text, shown on our images and/or depending on your own wishes.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Konigsplatz 1, 80333, 80333 Munich, Bavaria Germany
Now you can look forward to our...
GUIDED COMPRIHENSIVE CITY TOUR in VW-Comfort-Minivan.
Again, we will not confront you with boring dates. But we will bring the history of the visited sights in a fascinating way closer to you!
All the following attractions are the most appropriate to be explored by car:
You are shown and explained magnificent boulevards and plazas, the classicistic 'Kings Square', buildings and places from the 3rd Reich era, Hitlers private appartements, the Pinakotheken-Galleries, the "Deutsches Museum". the English Garden with its many surprises, ALLIANZ ARENA - home of the 'Bayern Muenchen' soccer team, Olympic Center and BMW-Headquarters/-Museum and the/-Showroom ('BMW World').
We will also pass the place, where King Ludwig II.'s Grandfather, the later King Ludwig I., celebrated his wedding more than 200 years ago, which we know today as the Oktoberfest!
And last but not least you should not miss Nymphenburg castle, the huge summer residence of the Wittelsbach Dynasty and birth place of King Ludwig II.
If you want to get an idea of finest baroque decoration, we recommend a guided tour of interior (€ 6.00 p.P., children until 18 years free of charge).
What about a traditional unexpencive lunch in the largest beer garden in the world? With pleasure we will take you there!
(outdoors and indoors possible)
OPTIONAL: Visit of the Olympic Tower - the highest attainable place in Munich offers overwhelming views and a revolving restaurant. (€ 9.00 p.P./approx. 40 minutes)
OPTIONAL: Guided tour of the interiors of the Munich Residence (€ 7.00 p.P./approx. 75 minutes)
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Starnberger See, Possenhofener Str. 5, 82319, Starnberg, Bavaria Germany
After an only 20-minutes drive we reach Lake Starnberg, also known as the “Dukes lake”. You are taken to the summer residences of Sissi, the pretty but unfortunate Empress of Austria. We will tell you about the strange relationship between her and King Ludwig II, known as the 'Fairy Tale King' who built the Royal castle of Neuschwanstein.
After a short stroll to the beach we can see the only island of the lake (where Ludwig had rendezvous with Sissi) and - on the opposite shore - the place where he died under mysterious circumstances.
Time for a break? Enjoy relaxing moments at the beach or in a beergarden right on the beach!
OPTIONAL: Take a cruise!
(from mid-April to early October):
Roundtrips from €10.60 p.P. / 1 hour ...or...
One way (your guide will pick you up at the agreed destination)
from € 7.60 p.P. / 30 minutes
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Roseninsel, Worth, Feldafing, Bavaria Germany
OPTIONAL: The only island in the lake can be visited in summer season (from May to mid-October) - its name is "Roseninsel" - Rose island. Ludwig loved this place, which was owned by the royal family for a long time.
From the middle of June, not only friends of roses will be overwhelmed by the fragrance of countless and rare roses.
From the car park it is a romantic 20 minute walk along the lake shore to the tiny ferry. The 5-minute crossing costs € 4.00 round trip.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Andechs Monastery, Bergstr. 2, 82346 Andechs, Bavaria Germany
OPTIONAL: If you want to be further fascinated by the nature and the culture of the Lake District you should accompany your guide on a tour to (some of) the remaining four lakes.
The world-famous landmark high above the nearby lake Ammersee is the Andechs monastery. Its brewery is the largest monastery brewery in the world and it produces delicious varieties like the "Dunkel Doppelbock". Enjoy the perhaps best roasted pork knuckles in the world, as well as the incredibly richly decorated church of the XVIII century.
After that, the beautiful Ammersee beach promenade could invite you to a digestive walk.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site, Pater-Roth-Str. 2A, 85221, Dachau, Bavaria Germany
During the visit of the Dachau Concentration Camp you experience the darkest chapter of German history. In the 12 years of its existence over 200.000 persons were imprisoned here. 41.500 were murdered.
Before you start the tour of the Memorial Site we will show you the luxurious villas of the former SS-grounds.
NOTE: The visit to the camp is an audioguide tour (there are no extra costs for you for the Audio-guide rental. Admission to the camp ground is free of charge). Here you will be not accompanied by your guide Stefan.
The duration of the complete tour is two and a half hours - for a minimum stay we would recommend one hour.
The journey from Munich is 30 minutes (one way), from lake Starnberg to Dachau it takes approx 40 minutes.
If you want to do the journey from the Concentration Camp back to Munich by yourself, we can end the 7-hours tour with the drop-off at the Camp. It is open until 5:00 PM.
At least 3 times an hour a bus takes you directly from the Camp to Dachau trainstation, where you have direct connection to a train (S-Bahn) to Munich.
Journey time from the Concentration Camp to Munich Main Station ("Hauptbahnhof"): approx. 45 minutes.
Ticket price for the Public transportation from the Concentration Camp to any station in Munich: € 5.80 p.P. (Taxi Fare from € 50.00 per car)
Of course we can assist you with the purchase of the tickets and finding the best connection!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at any hotel/address in Munich at 8:30 or 9:30 a.m., or at any other pick-up time you want - then let us know!Pick-up (and/or return) is also possible outside Munich (e.g. MUC airport) on customer request - please ask us for any additional costs!
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- TRAVEL*SAFE & WITH CONFIDENCE ...and the certainty that with MY*GUiDE EXCLUSIVE TOURS you & your loved ones are safe and protected: 1) Only your group travels in our minivan, which is cleaned and disinfected after each use. HAND SANITIZER IS ON BOARD! 2) As your (Driver-) Guide I can provide an up-to-date health-certificate. 3) The minivan is driven EXCLUSIVELY by me (owner of MY*GUiDE EXCLUSIVE TOURS) - so there is 100% transparency and maximum security guaranteed. 4) When we leave the minivan for sightseeing, we STRICTLY AVOID ALL CROWDS AND GATHERINGS. The top priority is to keep a safe distance! If you prefer to avoid interior visits (e.g. those that are only offered in larger groups), we always have suitable alternatives to choose from. 5) We keep ourselves up-to-date on the latest recommendations and directives of the WHO and the German government. 6) If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us anytime, we will answer you immediately - ask your question in the 'Questions?' field below. Alternatively, you can use the 'Question/Answer' field in the "Tripadvisor.com" search function under our entry "Sightseeing Bavaria Exclusive" // WHENEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP: Trust in MY*GUiDE EXCLUSIVE TOURS – even in turbulent times – we are here for you! // Stay healthy & safe, with warm regards, Stefan MY*GUiDE EXCLUSIVE TOURS
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All COVID-19 precautions mentioned here will be optimally adapted to the current situation on your day of travel, and we will inform you about possible modifications. WHENEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP: Trust in this and our other MY*GUiDE EXCLUSiVE Tours and travel SAFELY & IN COMFORT!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.