Exclusive Semi-Private South Coast Tour with Glacier hike and Dinner
Explore Iceland's South Coast in the best possible way!
Our aim is to show you the beauty of the country at an adequate speed. We make frequent stops for the best photo opportunities possible and enjoy our journey together. The group size on this tour is a maximum of 8 travelers, to ensure that you get the most personal experience we could think of. The stopping time for each main stop is planned in a way that our guests never feel rushed.
The highlight of the tour is definitely our glacier hike on Sólheimajökull Glacier. The hike and all safety equipment are included in the tour price.
At the end of the day, we will visit Ingólfsskáli Restaurant. Named after Ingólfur Arnarson, Iceland’s first settler, Ingólfsskáli seeks to transcend you to the golden age of the Vikings through a cultivated yet indulgent dining experience.
Book hassle-free with us! We guarantee all our departures without minimum participation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and Drop-off
- Glacier Hike
- Safety Gear for the Glacier Hike
- Two-course menu at Ingólfsskáli Viking Restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Ingólfsskáli Viking Restaurant
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skogafoss, Skogar Iceland
Our first stop is the Skogafoss Waterfall. It is one of the most iconic waterfalls in the country and was even featured in Game of Thrones. Its 60m drop will keep you speechless for sure. Your guide will tell you all about the hidden treasure chest behind the waterfall and with some luck, you will be the first one to find it.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Solheimajokull Glacier, Vik Iceland
Now it's time for the highlight of the tour. Besides waterfalls, Iceland is also known for glaciers. 11% of the country is covered by ice. Sólheimajökull is an outlet glacier coming down the fourth biggest glacier of Iceland, called Mýrdalsjökull. We put on our safety gear and start our hike on the glacier. The hike is approximately 2,5h long with 1,5h spend on the glacier.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Reynisfjara Beach, Route 215, Vik Iceland
Now it's time to hit the road again. After a short ride, we stop at Reynisfjara black sand beach. The beach was once rated as one of the 10 most beautiful places in the world and as soon as you set foot on the beach, you will know why. Basalt columns and the well known Reynisdrangar rock formations await you. Your guide will tell you all the interesting stories and sagas that are connected to this place.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Vik, Vik, South Region
Having now reached our most southern point, this charming fishing village is the center of the southern region. On the tour, we will pay a visit to the church where we can enjoy a great view of the coastline.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Seljalandsfoss, Hella Iceland
Heading back in the direction of Reykjavik, our last stop will be the ever-popular Seljalandsfoss waterfall. The waterfall lays underneath the well known Eyfjallajokull, the volcano that erupted in 2010. If conditions allow, we take a walk behind the waterfall’s curtain before paying a visit to its nearby cousin Gljúfrabúi, found hidden from view in the mountainside.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ingólfsskáli Viking Restaurant, Efstaland, 801 Sveitarfélagið Ölfus, Iceland
At the end of the day, we will visit an original Viking longhouse. Traditional Icelandic food and a historical setup are waiting for you. Truly the best way to end our adventure.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up takes place between 8:00 and 8:30, so please be ready at your pick-up location at 8:00
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.