Excursion to Melka Kuntre, Tiya and Adadi Mariam
Our clients will have escaping tour from Addis Ababa and see the countryside part of Ethiopia with scenic drive to the sites of Melka Kuntre Stone Age site then drive to Adadi Mariam heading to Tiya (ancient stele field and UNESCO World Heritage site)
- You will have the chance immerse in the village of Tiya and learn how they make Ensset
(kocho) from the falls banana tree. It is staple food for the southern people.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Melka Kunture
- Entry/Admission - Adadi Maryam
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Melka Kunture, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Melka Kuntre, Stone Age site (between 1.5 and 1.8 Million years old), contains many samples of
Stone Age tools of the early Homo sapiens. The collections are results of the excavations of the
last four decades. The samples are well exhibited in show rooms and there is very good scientific
explanation about Stone Age tools in general and the site in particular.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Tiya, Tiya, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People's Region
You will drive about 83 km to you will visit the archaeological sites of Tiya (ancient stele field
and UNESCO World Heritage site) remarkable for its large stone pillars, many of which bear
some form of decoration.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Adadi Maryam, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Adadi Mariam, also lies along this road and it is the only rock hewn church to exist as
this region. The church is not carefully carved as the rock-hewn churches in Lalibela but it has a
lot of similarities with most of them and the rock-hewn churches of Tigray.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our clients from Hotel, Apartment, Airport Airports
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.