Excursion to The Land of Sanchi Stupa from Bhopal
Bhopal Known as the City of Lakes, is the capital city of Madhya Pradesh and is located in the central part of the Indian Subcontinent. Sanchi is a Buddhist complex, famous for its Great Stupa, on a hilltop at Sanchi Town in Raisen District of the State of Madhya Pradesh, India. The Great Stupa at Sanchi is one of the oldest stone structures in India and was originally commissioned by the emperor Ashoka in the 3rd century BCE. Its nucleus was a simple hemispherical brick structure built over the relics of the Buddha. It was crowned by the chatra, a parasol-like structure symbolizing high rank, which was intended to honor and shelter the relics.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All transport services including the pick-up & drop from Bhopal Hotel, during sightseeing tours as per itinerary, using Private Air Conditioned vehicle.
- Professional Local English Speaking Guide services during sightseeing tour, as per itinerary.
- c) Government Tax.
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Any Accommodation and meals.
- Entrance Fees at Monuments, this can be settled directly at the time of visiting Monument.
- • Visit Sanchi Stupa, which is the oldest stone structure in India that was built during the Mauryan period.
• Enjoy the company of our knowledgeable Local Tour Guide.
What you can expect – Itinerary is given below for your reference
Morning on time pick-up from Bhopal Hotel and meet our Tour Escort, to proceed for the excursion tour of Sanchi & Vidisha (Approx 58 Kms / 1.5 hours’ drive away – one way).
Visit Sanchi Stupa- It is unique, not only for having the most perfect and well preserved stupas, but also for offering the visitor a chance to see, in one location, the genesis, flowering, and decay of Buddhist art and architecture during a period of about 1500 years -- almost covering the entire range of Indian Buddhism.
Vidisha town is situated east of the Betwa River, in the fork of the Betwa and Bes rivers, 9 kms away from Sanchi. The Emperor Ashoka was the governor of Vidisha during his father's lifetime. His Buddhist Empress Vidisha Devi who was also his first wife was brought up in Vidisha.
Lord Rama is believed to have come here. His foot impressions are still there which were kept safe by the people and are now properly constructed. They are popularly known as "Charan Teerth" at one of the ghats of river Betwa.
Later on time, come back to Bhopal and drop back to Hotel.
Departure Point :Pickup from Your Hotel in Bhopal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Drop Back to Bhopal Hotel / Bhopal Railway Station / Bhopal Airport
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Top Travel & Tours Pvt. Ltd.
- 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If cancelled between 3 and 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, 100% cancellation fee.
- The tour is open for all the days and booking can be processed at cut-off of 48 Hrs.
- Hotel should be located in Bhopal.
- Around 0900 Hrs. However, this can be modified as per the convenience of guest.
- You will be notified departure time after booking.
- Approx. 5 Hrs.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.