Excursion to Twin Villages: Bungamati & Khokana
These two villages offer you the pleasant smell of Nepalese culture and tradition within a few hours of your visit to Nepal. These two classical village lies across the sacred Bagmati River beside Chobhar. The major attraction of Bungamati village is the Shikhara style of a temple of Rato Machindranath where the rivered rain god is believed to have been born there.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A professional and cultural Tour Guide
- Private Transportation
- Hotel Pick up and drop off
- Entrance Fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal Expenses
Bungamati & Kokhana is the fertile farming village, where mustard oil is harvested and locals spend most of their days engaged in agriculture.
Most of the men in both villages are engaged in woodcarvings while women sitting outside busy on spinning the corns, millet, etc. Despite being close to the capital city, Bungamati and Khokana still preserve ancient traditions, Newari culture, and typical village lifestyle which is totally untouched from modern development. However, the 2015 earthquake has damaged this village so harshly, thus recently these both villages need the tourism more than ever for its quick restoration.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our airport representative will pick you up from Kathmandu International airport and transfer to the hotel. Your guide will meet you in hotel lobby an hour before the trip begins. Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.