Exotic Day Tour: Coba & Punta Laguna from Tulum - Small Group - All Inclusive
Enjoy a day full of exciting Mayan adventures. Take the unique chance to visit one of the largest blue water lagoons in Riviera Maya - Punta Laguna. It is a natural reserve home to to the rare spider monkey, howler monkey, pumas and jaguars. You'll take a bike ride to the oldest and tallest Mayan pyramid in Mexico - Nohoch Mul in Coba. Before entering the sacred spot - Cenote Calaveras - the magical local people will perform a special ritual near a giant holy tree to give you permission to enter. Then the real adventure is about to begin - zip line descend through the jungle and canoe trip to the cenote where you can dive or snorkel in its clear fresh waters. All this, combined with tasting exotic Mayan food for lunch in a restaurant in Coba, make up the perfect day out in the nature - full of wonders. Ko'ox! Let's go!
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip – transportation from the dive shop to the locations and back;
- Small-group guided tour with all the interesting facts;
- Local Guide speaking English, Spanish and Maya;
- Bottled water in reusable eco bottle;
- Lunch - Traditional Mayan food tasting in a Coba Town restaurant;
- All equipment needed – wetsuits, snorkels, bike rental fee, zip line fee, canoe, etc;
- 1 hour free time – swimming in the cenote Las Calaveras;
- Free GoPro & Video lights rental;
- Full insurance for you and your belongings
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- The tour begins at 8:00am at the dive shop location in Tulum. If you are staying in Playa Del Carmen or Puerto Aventuras, we can also meet you there at our other dive shop locations, just make sure to let us know. Your guide will be waiting for you with all the equipment checked and ready. We will get on the adventure truck and head off to Coba.
We start our guided tour from a restaurant in Coba, where you can try Cochinita pibil, relleno negro and many more local specialties. The meal is included in the tour price. Then the exciting adventure begins with a bike ride in the ancient Mayan center of Coba. After about 2km ride and admiring the interesting archaeological site is the Nohoch Mul pyramid - the oldest and tallest Mayan pyramid in Mexico. You can take photos and admire the panoramic view.
From Coba, aboard the air conditioned truck, you will reach Punta Laguna - a large lagoon part of the natural reserves in Yucatan. It is famous for Otoch Maax yetel Coh — the house of the spider monkey and the puma. The area is dedicated to the preservation of primates: howler monkeys, spider monkeys. But in order to be allowed to enter you'd need to ask the local people for permission - you'll take part in a magical ritual under a giant magic tree.
You'll take the 300m zipline over the water and through the jungle to the place where your canoe will be waiting for you. Paddling across the lagoon you can observe tropical birds, butterflies and the lush green coast.
Then you'll reach a very beautiful path that leads to Cenote Las Calaveras (Skulls cenote). This sacred cenote holds the world largest underwater grave - an ancient mayan cemetery where sacrifies were once performed. The remains of more than 100 people were discovered there. You can enjoy snorkeling or diving in Las Calaveras.
After the sacred cenote visit, we'll take you back to the pick up location.
Departure Point :Tulum center
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Vegetarian and lactose-free food options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Please wear a swimsuit, water shoes and suitable clothing (rashguard or long sleeve shirt; light long pants)
- Please bring sun glasses, sun hat or cap
- We recommend you to wear suitable clothing to shade your skin from the sun, instead of using sunscreen to help preserve the wildlife
- Have an extra pair of clothes and a towel, to change if needed.
- Make sure to bring cash to buy souvenirs, shops do not accept bank cards
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.