Experience a Finnish Smoke Sauna
When you want to do the most Finnish thing possible - you have to visit a sauna!
Join us and get an authentic sauna experience! During this guided tour, we will take you to a smoke sauna, which is held in the highest esteem by most Finns. It is a mixed sauna so a bathing suit is required.
As the smoke sauna is heated to around 80-100 degrees Celsius, water is thrown on the rocks (which we have a word for here in Finland: Löyly). This sends a wave of heat throughout the sauna, which in turn helps you to relax, relieve stress, release sweat to flush toxins, help muscle stiffness, and clear your skin.
The sauna is located by a lake so after we have heated up enough there is a chance for a refreshing swim!
• Enjoy an authentic Finnish smoke sauna
• Swim in a freshwater lake
• Extremely relaxing and laidback experience
• Do the most Finnish thing possible
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Sauna entry fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Kuusijarvi
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Bathing suit
- Soap and shampoo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
The meeting point for this trip will be at the bus stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately 500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kuusijarvi, Kuusijarventie 3, Vantaa 01260 Finland
We are in the land of saunas – there are roughly three million of them in a country with a population of 5.5 million.
This is your change to experience the smooth and authentic smoke sauna like the locals.
We will pick you up from central Helsinki at 6 P.M. and bring you to the beautiful Kuusijärvi smoke sauna which is surrounded by Finnish forest. Our guide will tell you about Finnish sauna culture. Remember that saunas are hot, and you will be sweating, so it is important that you have something to drink by your side.
Once we have heated up we will step outside to cool down and breathe in the fresh air. There is a lake just outside the sauna where we can go for a swim, and if you are brave enough to join us in the winter we will go for the famous arctic dip! Go ahead take a photo, otherwise no one will believe you!
Kuusijärvi is a popular destination and there is a limited capacity in the smoke sauna.. So we may have to wait our turn in the cafeteria. The length of this total trip including transportation will be 2-3 hours depending how long you would like to be in the sauna and if there is a cue.
Please bring your own bathing suit and a water bottle with you. Towels will be provided by us.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.