Experience Ancient Greece: A Musical Journey
Theodore Koumartzis is an astounding musician of the ancient lyre and the visionary behind our award-winning tour. He is also a member of the luthier’s family and the niche music brand Luthieros, responsible for the construction of all these musical instruments!
Theodore constantly travels around the world, giving lectures, live performances and interactive tours in museums and educational institutes in Greek, English, and Spanish!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private access to the SEIKILO museum (tickets are included in the price).
What's excluded :
// There is no benefit when music stands secret and hidden. - Lucian
Embark on a unique journey in ancient Greek mythology and music, with Theodore and SEIKILO’s award-winning tour “Experience Ancient Greece”, where you will have the chance to learn, take a closer look, or even play with many ancient Greek music instruments such as the lyre of Hermes, the barbiton of Sappho, the pandura, the Cithara of the Golden Age, the Phorminx of Homer, the Tympanon of Dionysus, etc.
What’s more, a professional lyricist will perform live for you, while sharing surprisingly interesting details about Hermes, Apollo, Zeus, Plato, etc.
What we will Offer You?
You will be granted access (to see, hear, hold, or even play) to more than a dozen ancient musical instruments from ancient Greece and other civilizations.
Who can Participate?
This experience is for anyone interested in ancient Greek civilization, music, and mythology! This experience can be tailored to your level of knowledge, so let us know if you are an amateur or even professional musician!
• Seikilo, Vasileos Irakleiou 4, Thessaloniki 54633 Greece
Departure Point :Vasileos Irakleiou 4, Thessaloniki 546 25, Greece
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.