Experience Traditional Zambian Dining With The Locals
MWABONWA NO BEENZU KU KU SHUNGU NAMUTITIMA!
(Welcome to Zambia, home of the smoke that thunders), the mighty Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
I’m Sophia, co-founder & proprietor of MWABONWA Cultural Experiences. For over 15 years, I thrived in the Zambia’s hospitality industry serving & arranging activities for our international guests along our tourist corridor, which includes the falls and beyond.
The falls are very significant to Zambia, but there is something much more amazing that falls deeper & and is mightier than thunder! Would you like to experience Zambia, beyond the roar of the mighty Victoria Falls, beyond the tourist corridor? If so be our guest to create a memorable experience!
MWABONWA offers the only way to authentically experience Zambia, through my people & rich culture. We take you beyond the tourist attractions and invite you to be our guest in our providences & homes, where you can experience our Zambian life style as a local.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
Bring your appetite to experience traditional Zambian dining with my family and friends. We will enjoy a full dinner with starters, a main course, dessert, and beverages along with warm fellowship.
The experience will include:
1. Receive a hearty Mwaboonwa Cultural Experience Welcome.
2. Learn & exchange greetings in several Zambian languages, we have over 72.
3. Learn about our mealtime, eating customs & etiquette.
4. Assist with setting the table or meal area.
5. Take part in our traditional hand-washing ceremony.
6. Share in a Traditional Zambian Dining experience with the Locals.
Dinner is a significant part of our culture as it is special time to set around to enjoy family and friends. We have many types of local relish dishes in Africa that are paired with our staple food, nshima, including village chicken, beef stew, kapenta small fish, pumpkin leaves in peanut sauce, beans, chikanda African polony, caterpillars, impwa garden eggs, dried & fresh local fruits plus many more. Our meals are shared and served family style, communal; and are traditionally eaten with the right hand without silverware.
Please come share with us!
Departure Point :Mukuni Park Curio Market, Mwela St, Livingstone, Zambia
Departure Time :6/9/2019 - 10/24/2021
Saturday: 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.