Explore IMBROS GORGE.
After 1 hour by car that you will see cretan nature on the way and small villages close to the White mountains, passing also from Krapi and Askifou plateu we will be to Imbros village.The hike starts there at the north entrance of the gorge.For the first km the path is easy and the clives wide and low.After they become highter and highter and very nerrow. We will pass from the most nerrow passage, Stenada,that is only 1,5 m nerrow.After we will see a natural arch ,Xepitira, that is at the southern part of the path. In the gorge there are plenty aromatic plants and herbs as margoran, dictamos,sage,thrimbi,tyme,sage...Also cypress trees, prunus, ambelitsea...And many.... wild goads free to feed them by themselfes. The path has been used from the locals in the past to go to Chania. Also the allient forces passed from this path at the 2nd word war. Ending to Komitades you can have lunch if you wish so and after we will use a taxi back to Imbros to the car.Great view also to the Lybian sea.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hiking stick(batton)
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Taxi from Komitades to Imbros
- Lunch - Traditional taverna food
After 1hour by car.We will be at lmbros,Sfakia. There we start hiking Imbros gorge( 8km long aproximatly).We will have a break in the half way.We will finish hiking at Komitades,Sfakia.There you can have lunch if you wish so.Then we are going to take taxi to Imbros that we left the car .After we get the car and returne to Chania.From Komitades to lmpros Its 20min by taxi, 1hour then to Chania by car. The hike lasts 2-3 hours.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up is outside SAMARIA hotel, Kydonias,1866 square,Chania
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.