Explore prehistoric cave paintings on a private, guided daytrip from Cape Town
This expert guided private day trip takes you to the beautiful Cederberg mountain conservancy about 3 hours outside Cape Town. Set within in a UNESCO World Heritage Site for nature - we will walk an easy wilderness trail to view a series of remarkable prehistoric San bushman cave paintings - many thousands of years old. This is in one of the best open-air art galleries of late stone-age Bushman rock art accessible from Cape Town. You will view and learn about this intriguing art and the people who painted it thousands of years ago. Walk through this ancient wilderness, learn about the earliest humans and experience their art in the landscape they inhabited for tens of thousands of years. This is a uniquely Southern African experience -- part archaeology, part cultural history, part African wilderness experience. This tour is also offered as a 2 or 3 day trip.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only) in Cape Town only
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piekeniers Kloof, South Africa
We drive this mountain pass with great views over the Swartland landscape.
Stop At: Clanwilliam, Clanwilliam, Western Cape
We pass through Clanwilliam, one of South Africa's oldest towns.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Pakhuis Pass, R364 Between Citrusdal and Clanwilliam, Clanwilliam South Africa
We drive over this scenic mountain pass
Stop At: Cederberg, Cederberg, Western Cape
The rock art tour takes you to the Cederberg mountains outside Cape Town with spectacular scenery and rich biodiversity. The Cederberg is a nature conservancy and forms part of the Cape Floral Kingdom - a UNESCO World Heritage site for nature. As well as seeing the rock art, this is also a magnificent African wilderness experience.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your accommodation anywhere in the City of Cape Town.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- This is a private tour, so you will not be in contact with unknown people.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.