Explore Yangon Off The Beaten Track
Yangon’s authentic life really is best explored when treading away from the tourism paths. The city revolves around its friendly people, and such experiences have proven to last a lifetime. 4 Hours of authenticity as we dig deep into uncharted city life.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Train ticket for 30 minutes on board the circular train
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Entry/Admission - Yangon Central Railway Station
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon Central Railway Station, Kun Chan Rd, Yangon (Rangoon) 11222 Myanmar
Pick up from your hotel in Yangon by your English speaking guide marks the start of 4 hours navigating through alleys and seeing the authentic side of Yangon. Our tour starts with heading to the central railway station, where we board a local commuter train, better known as the Circular Train. For 30 minutes, you are on board a British built train line with small stations along its route from where vendors carrying huge bundles of goods climb aboard to reach market towns further along the line, giving you that true taste of life in Yangon. The experience ends at Kyi Myin Daing Station where your journey into the hospitable side of the city continues.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Kyi Myin Daing Station Overpass, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Local roadside markets are the driving force behind the local economy and particularly tea shops are the source of information (and gossip) for Burmese to catch up on the latest and share their opinion about everyday topics. Wandering around these hardly-visited areas by foreigners affirms our off-the-beaten-track definition.
Don’t expect anything commercial – this is the real face of Yangon and one of the stops en route before heading back to your hotel is seeing a traditional bronze atelier. The craftsmanship of an exemplary level is on display here, using generation-long cherished traditions of moulding and shaping this precious metal. A half-day of authenticity comes regretfully to an end as we meet up with our driver and head back to your accommodation.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Yangon’s central business district hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Yangon’s central business district. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, cruise ports and Yangon’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- Yangon’s circular commuter trains are very basic forms of transportation, often are crowded and may not always run according to schedule. No seat reservations are possible on board.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.