Explore Yerevan Walking Tour
The Explore Yerevan walking tour around the capital of Armenia is a 4-hour journey that takes you back in time for 400 years. In 2018, Yerevan celebrated its 2800th anniversary, the city was founded in 782 BCE and is known to be one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in the world. Join our walking tour in Yerevan and uncover several layers of the city’s history, from the architecture of the independence period, through Soviet and pre-Soviet times all the way back to old Yerevan with rare Persian heritage.
Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as you are going to explore Yerevan by foot. The tour includes two short subway rides to some off-the-beaten path destinations inside the city. By the end of the tour, you will have an overall picture of Yerevan with its cultural, historical, industrial and religious narratives.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Subway tickets
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cafesjian Center for the Arts, Tamanyan str. 10 Cascade Complex, Yerevan 0009 Armenia
The tour will start at the open-air museum of the Cafesjian Center for the Arts, after which you will take the escalator to the upper levels of the Cascade complex to enjoy a panoramic view of Yerevan.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Armenian National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet named after Alexander Spendiaryan, Tumanyan O. str. 54 Azatutyan Square - Kentron District, Yerevan 0002 Armenia
The building of the Opera and Ballet theater is one of the masterpieces of the early Soviet neoclassical architecture. It was designed by Alexander Tamanyan.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Northern Avenue, Yerevan 0010 Armenia
Northern avenue is a pedestrian street in Yerevan that connects the Freedom Square and the Opera House to the Republic square.
Stop At: Republic Square, Yerevan 0001 Armenia
Republic square is the main square of Yerevan and Armenia. It is home to the History museum of Armenia, National Gallery, the Government building, the Yerevan Marriott hotel and other attractions. In the evening hours, a spectacular musical fountain show takes place on the Republic square, attracting both locals and travelers.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kond, Yerevan Armenia
Kond is the oldest neighborhood of Yerevan, dating back to times when the areas of Eastern Armenia were part of the Persian empire.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Alexander Tamanyan Statue, 10 Moskovyan Street, Yerevan 0009, Armenia
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Blue Mosque, 12 Mesrop Mashtots Ave, Yerevan 0015, Armenia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.