Falconry Beginners Lesson
A rare opportunity to see the ancient bond between man and bird. In a small group, you will interact with a variety of hawks, falcons and owls, learn their natural history and their differences, and see an unforgettable flying demonstration. The Beginners Experience culminates with a chance for you
to put on a glove and hold a trained falcon.
There is a licensed falconer who oversees and presents each experience. The birds engage only by their own will.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
This hour and a half class provides the average person exposure to an ancient sport many know little about. By discussing several different types of birds–eagles, owls, hawks, and falcons–the student gains a new appreciation for the bird’s inherent abilities and the nature of predation.
After discussing the birds, the hawks are flown free in the surrounding countryside. The hour lesson concludes with each student having an opportunity to put on a leather glove and hold our trained Saker Falcon.There is a licensed falconer who oversees and presents each experience. The birds engage by their own will.
Departure Point :6 Lake Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80906, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with a fear of birds
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Our vans will have the currently recommended maximum number of passengers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.