Fast Access Westminster Abbey Private Tour with a London Blue Badge Guide
Join this 2,5-hour tour and discover one of the world's most famous and recognisable landmarks, steeped in British history. The books you studied at school will suddenly spring to life as you come across a wealth of famous historical men and women, including monarchs, writers, poets and celebrated military figures.
This, the site of royal coronations, weddings and funerals, will have plenty to keep you fascinated and intrigued throughout, which will also include the Grave of the Unknown Warrior, the Lady Chapel, the Royal Tombs and the College Garden. No trip to London would be complete without this tour!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private Tour
- Blue Badge Guide
- Admission Tickets
- Fast entrance with a Blue Badge guide
- Entry/Admission - Westminster Abbey
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transfer to/from attraction
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
This fantastic 2,5-hour private tour will allow you to discover one of London's most beautiful and recognisable landmarks, Westminster Abbey. After meeting your expert local guide just outside, you will embark upon a journey of discovery, with a history of a thousand years to intrigue, entertain and fascinate you.
Your guide will bring history to life, and not only will you learn fascinating and intriguing facts about the abbey and its awe-inspiring architecture, you will be transported back in time to an age when these floors were trodden by kings, queens, writers, poets and all manner of celebrated historical figures.
As well as being the venue for royal coronations and burials, Westminster Abbey has also been the location for 17 royal weddings—including the 2011 marriage of Prince William to Catherine Middleton.
Some of the highlights of this tour include the Coronation Chair, which is the chair that was commissioned by King Edward I in 1296 and has been the official chair used in the coronation of every British monarch since 1308; Poet’s Corner, which is the site of the tombs of some of the true greats of English literature, including Geoffrey Chaucer, Charles Dickens, Rudyard Kipling and Thomas Hardy, while there are memorials to such legendary names as William Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, the Bronte sisters, TS Eliot and Jane Austen. Your guide will also show you the Grave of the Unknown Warrior, The Lady Chapel, the Royal Tombs and the College Garden, which has been cultivated for over 900 years!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Westminster Abbey Shop, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London SW1P 3JS, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Some areas of the Abbey are dimly lit and some chapels have low doorways. Much of the floor and many steps are uneven.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Visitors are kindly asked to dress in a “respectful manner” during their visit to the Abbey.
- During the winter months the Abbey can get incredibly cold, so try to dress warmly.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.