Fishermans Paradise Eco-walk
Explore the peaceful village of Fishermans Paradise on a 90 minute guided walk with locals. Hear stories of natural environment, history and the bushfires of 2019-2020. See a diverse range of wildlife and enjoy stunning river views.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tour commentary
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fishermans Paradise, Fishermans Paradise, Shoalhaven, New South Wales
Meeting by the boat ramp at Fishermans Paradise, the route for this guided walk includes riverside, bush, village tracks and streets. You'll hear stories of natural environment, flora and fauna (and some surprising local history!) as we wander along the rivers edge, through tranquil casuarina forest and via village streets and tracks with binoculars handy for a closer look at the abundant birdlife. It's likely we'll also see kangaroos and eastern water dragons (and fish jumping in the river). We'll also visit a favourite fishing spot with fabulous views over the river, ideal for photos reflecting the bush in the afternoon light.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Conjola National Park, Blackbutt Road, Lake Conjola, Shoalhaven, New South Wales 2539 Australia
Bushfire update March 2020
We were very lucky (and fought hard) to save all the houses in our village in the bushfires of December 2019/January 2020, and we'll share a few stories of that challenging time with you on this unique guided walk. Much of the lovely riverside walk was untouched by the fires, but sadly most of the casuarina forest was burnt. The tracks have now been cleared and re-opened though, and it's wonderful to see signs of regeneration and lots of birdlife around.
Nearby Conjola National Park which is viewed from our tour route was also badly affected by the fires.
Pass By: Lake Conjola, Lake Conjola, Shoalhaven, New South Wales
You'll see Lake Conjola (including where Conjola Creek meets the lake) from the riverside walking route.
Departure Point :94 Anglers Parade, Fishermans Paradise NSW 2539, Australia
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- One booking per tour (i.e. all tours are private). Numbers per booking are limited to 8 to allow for social distancing. Tour resources (laminated maps, historic photos etc) are currently view only (no 'hands on') Umbrellas and binoculars - these are currently BYO (bring your own).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.