Flavors of Japan Food Tour in Tokyo
Understand what makes Japanese food unique and exquisitely delicious and experience some of Japan’s most amazing flavors. Learn about food from the different regions of Japan, the process of how to make them and why they come from those areas.
You will visit several shops and taste different types of food including Dashi (Japanese soup stock), Tamagoyaki (egg roll), Anago (salt water eel), Fish cake, Katsuoboshi (fish flakes) and satsumaimo (sweet fried potatoes).
You will experience a seasonal lunch at a very serene, authentic place. Next, you will enjoy an authentic Japanese “must do” activity, a Wagashi experience, with a Wagashi master that will make an intricately handcrafted dessert in front of you. This will be served with very high-quality Matcha.
per adult from
What's included :
- One drink included
- Regional Food tasting
- Local guide
- Try local dishes at 7 food stops
- Local Japanese Lunch
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation costs
- Additional drinks or food
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Starbucks, Japan, 〒103-0022 Tokyo, Chuo City, Nihonbashimuromachi, 1-chōme−7−１ スルガビル 1F
Let's meet here and then explore different flavors from all over Japan in ONE tour!
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Nihonbashi, Chuo City, Tokyo 103-0027, Japan
A foodie tour with a professional guide focusing on flavors and regional food. Get insights into local life and Japanese culture from a local English speaking guide, try local and seasonal dishes at 7 different food stops, enjoy a seasonal and delicious lunch in a local restaurant and watch an artisan make a traditional dessert in front of you.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: COREDO Muromachi 1, 2-chōme-2-1 Nihonbashimuromachi, Chuo City, Tokyo 103-0022, Japan
Understand what makes Japanese food unique and delicious.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Fukutoku Shrine, 2-chōme-4-14 Nihonbashimuromachi, Chuo City, Tokyo 103-0022, Japan
Pass By: Nihonbashi Takashimaya S.C., 2-chōme-4-1 Nihonbashi, Chuo City, Tokyo 103-8265, Japan
Pass By: Suitengu Shrine, 2-4-1 Nihombashi Kakigaracho, Chuo 103-0014 Tokyo Prefecture
Pass By: Nihonbashi Bridge, 1-chome, Nihonbashi, Chuo 103-0027 Tokyo Prefecture
Departure Point :Starbucks, Japan, 〒103-0022 Tokyo, Chuo City, Nihonbashimuromachi, 1-chōme−7−１ スルガビル 1F
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Nihonbashi, Chuo City, Tokyo 103-0027, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Lunch Choice upon booking
- Good for rainy days
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Pescetarian, Vegan, Vegetarian friendly
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.