Flight to the Svartisen glacier
This route goes south out of Bodø along the coast over some of the finest beaches in the country. Through deep and narrow fjords, passing jagged peaks close by.
At the southernmost point of the route we will see the view of the spectacular Engenbreen Ice Fall slide out from Svartisen and down almost into the fjord.
From there the tour goes over the Svartisen glacier itself northbound to the highlight of this tour: A close look at the glacier ice fall as we fly past the glacier edge along the lake Storglomvatnet.
Return to Bodø via Beiarn, with streams, valleys and mountain ranges, before we pass through Børvasstindan and the Åseli valley, the signature mountain range to the south of Bodø. Saltstraumen, the worlds strongest tidal current is also along the route back to Bodø.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Airport/Departure Tax
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Svartisen Glacier Austerdalsisen, Svartisvannet- Svartisen, Glomfjord 8615 Norway
Pass By: Saltstraumen Rv17, 33 km from Bodø town center, Bodo 8056 Norway
Departure Point :Olav V gate 48, 8004 Bodø, Norway
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Minimum number of travellers are 2.
- Most travelers can participate
- Max passenger/luggage weight: 640lbs/290kg
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.