Flinders Ranges & Eyre Peninsula Tour
Discover two of South Australia’s most beautiful wilderness areas on this five day tour from Adelaide. Two days exploring the magical Flinders Ranges, the more secrets you reveal, providing a glimpse into the history of time. Experience rich indigenous culture, breathtaking gorges, abundant wildlife the incredible natural amphitheatre of Wilpena Pound, which you can also take a scenic flight over.
Onto the Eyre Peninsula, a region known as ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’. Foodies will be right in their element tasting an array of seafood straight from the ocean as well as boutique beers and wines. The scenery is diverse and spectacular and the aquatic wildlife next level. Have the once in a lifetime opportunity to swim with wild sea lions or come face to face with a great white shark. Your expert guide will take you off the beaten track to discover these regions hidden gems.
- Explore the 540-million-year-old Flinders Ranges and its pristine gorges
- Engage in Indigenous culture at the Port Augusta Wadlatta Cultural Centre
- Get a little adventurous during some four-wheel drive experiences
- Tantalise your taste buds at ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’ – the Eyre Peninsula
- Feast on the world’s most delectable oysters on the Coffin Bay Oyster Farm Tour
- Relax on an Electric Boat Cruise around Port Lincoln Marina
- Be wowed by the rugged beauty of Whalers Way & Lincoln National Park
- Swim with Australian sea lions on a half day cruise to Seal Cove (OE)
- Come face to face with the majestic Great White Shark (OE)
5 days, 4 nights
- Flight – Port Lincoln to Adelaide
- Accommodation - 1 Night Rawnsley Park Eco Villa’s Flinders Ranges and 3 nights at the Port Lincoln
- All entry fees, national park fees and activities unless stated as an optional extra experience
- All meals and some wine
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Day 1 : Adelaide to Flinders RangesHead out of the city through the picturesque Clare Valley wine region. Soon you’ll be struck by the spectacular beauty of the landscape as we head into the Southern Flinders Ranges for an amazing bushwalk through Alligator Gorge. After lunch, it's onto Warren Gorge for a walk and if you are lucky, to spot the endangered ‘yellow-footed rock wallaby’. Then it’s onto Rawnsley Park Station to check into your unique Eco-Villa. These villas offer the ultimate Flinders Ranges accommodation experience with their retractable ceiling offering night-sky viewing from the comfort of your bed. Enjoy an evening meal with wonderful views at the Woolshed Restaurant. Today we travel approximately 440km.Meals :Lunch, DinnerDay 2 : Flinders Ranges to Port LincolnAfter your night of stargazing the stunning southern skies, it will be up for breakfast followed by an inspiring guided walk in the awe-inspiring Wilpena Pound. Take a four-wheel drive tour to explore more than 600 million years of geological history in the “Corridor Through Time”. Marvel at the rugged beauty of Brachina and Bunyeroo Gorges. For another perspective of this national landscape, you can take to the skies on a 45-minute scenic flight. This optional extra is $275pp and one we highly recommend. It’s time to farewell the Flinders Ranges and journey towards the ‘Seafood Capital of Australia’ – Port Lincoln. On the way stop off at the Port Augusta Wadlatta Cultural Centre. Here learn about Indigenous culture and the history of this 600-million-year-old region. After checking in at the Port Lincoln Hotel where you will spend the next three nights, you’ll enjoy your first “taste” of the Eyre Peninsula during our evening meal at an acclaimed restaurant. Today we travel about 480km.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 3 : Port LincolnAfter breakfast it’s time to do some exploring around Port Lincoln. This will include a visit to Winters Hill and to fully understand what you will discover in the region over the coming days. You will enjoy a tantalising lunch of local seafood harvest at the Marina Hotel Restaurant. With a full tummy, board the ‘Tesla’, a unique electric canal cruiser. Enjoy a tranquil cruise around Port Lincoln’s Marina and learn about Australia’s largest commercial fishing fleet. Explore some stunning coastline at Sleaford Bay and Whalers Way, before visiting Mikkira Station, home of a wild koala population where you can get some great photos. After a full day of exploring it’s time to relax and enjoy dinner at another fabulous restaurant.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 4 : Port Lincoln & Surrounds (or Optional Sea Lions)This morning you have the choice between two quite different itineraries. Wildlife lovers are going to jump at the chance to twist, twirl and splash around with playful Australian sea lions at Seal Cove. This half-day cruise is an optional extra experience at $215pp. If you prefer to stay on dry land this morning, you’ll start the day exploring the breathtakingly beautiful Lincoln National Park. After an invigorating climb up Stamford Hill, take your shoes off to walk along a footprint free white sandy beach. Then it’s back to Port Lincoln for lunch at the Fresh Fish Place, for the best fresh fish and chips you might ever taste! No matter which option you choose in the morning, the afternoon looks like this. Visit Boston Bay Wines for tastings, followed by a visit to Glen Forest Tourist Park for some up close and personal wildlife encounters. Pop into the unique Koppio Smithy Museum for a touch of history that is sure to impress. After another full day it’s time to settle in for a great evening meal and local wine. Please note the Sea Lions tour does not operate in winter from June to August.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 5 : Coffin Bay (or Great White Shark Experiences)Today is a foodies dream day. Explore the pristine Coffin Bay National Park famed for its white sandy beaches and abundant emus and kangaroos. Then it’s time for a tour highlight enjoying the unique harvest experience on the Coffin Bay Oyster Farm Tour. The only one of its kind in Australia, you’ll pull on some waders and sit down at a semi-submerged ‘Salt Water Pavilion’ located at their working commercial Oyster Lease. Feast on the world’s most sought after oysters, plucked straight out of the ocean. Lunch will follow with a mouthwatering seafood platter at the 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant. Heading back towards Port Lincoln, visit the Boston Bean Coffee Company for a caffeine hit. Take a stroll along the foreshore before a visit to the Eyre Peninsula’s very own boutique brewery, Beer Garden Brewing. Get ready for your final taste sensation enjoying some locally brewed beers and wood fired pizza. As we come to the end of your journey your guide will drop you back to the airport for your 7.40pm flight to Adelaide. Your airport transfer back to your Adelaide accommodation will be organised which will have you arriving back to your hotel at approximately 9pm.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Adelaide Hotel pick up at 7am
While everything on our tours is included in the price, there are a few optional extra experiences on this tour that we leave up to you to decide if you would like to do. These are very popular activities, so we highly recommend securing your place at time of booking. You can add these to your cart when booking.
Please keep in mind; These tours are operated by third parties and separate to Xplore Eyre. Therefore, the terms and conditions of each of these companies apply. Weather can play an important part in the operations of these tours and occasionally a tour may be cancelled which is beyond our control. If that is the case, you will be provided a full refund.
Swim with Sea Lions in Port Lincoln
Adventure Bay Charters - $215pp
(Please note does not operate June-August)
Head out on this half-day cruise to the crystal-clear waters of Seal Cove off Port Lincoln, where the puppy dogs of the sea will welcome your arrival with great excitement! Swim and splash about in the company of these inquisitive animals as they twist and twirl all around you. Included in the cost is your mask, snorkel, wetsuit and fins, light breakfast served in departure lounge, morning tea on board & free photos.
Great White Shark Experiences in Port Lincoln
Adventure Bay Charters - From $389pp to $564pp
This is Australia’s first Advanced Eco-certified White Shark Tour. Sustainable and responsible, Adventure Bay Charters use rock music to attract the sharks, which also makes for a great vibe on the boat for your tour. They also have the only Aqua Sub, dry glass viewing platform with 360-degree views of the Great Whites in their natural habitat. This allows you to come face to face with the sharks and the cage divers whilst staying dry! If you are feeling brave you can upgrade on the day to have the ultimate thrill of plunging into the Southern Ocean with the sharks, from within the safety of the cage.
This full day tour to the Neptune Islands departs at 6.30am and returns at 6.30pm. It includes all equipment, breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. You also receive a selection of free images which they will email to you within a couple of days.
- Full Day Tour/Aqua Sub Access - $350pp (at time of booking)
- Cage Dive - $175pp (paid on board)
- $39 ‘Department of Environment Fee’ is payable on the day regardless of which option you choose (payed at reception)
If you opt to enter the cage but do not see any Great White Sharks you will not pay the $150 Cage Entry fee, just the $350 + $39.
Calypso Star Charters Shark Cage Diving - $532pp
Calypso Star Charters was established in 1990 and have a proud history of providing safe and exciting Advanced Eco Certified Shark Cage Diving. They are the only one-day Shark Cage Diving South Australian tour operator who is permitted to use natural fish burley (chum) to attract the sharks. This sustainable practice provides passengers with the best possible chance of sighting and interaction close to the vessel and cage, which will enhance your incredible experience!
The full day charter boards at 6.30am and it takes about 2.5 hours to get out to the Neptune Islands. No diver experience is required. All food and equipment is supplied and MV Calypso Star 2 is the only Shark Cage Diving vessel fitted with a Gyroscopic Stabiliser, increasing guests’ comfort throughout the day.
Please note the $532 rate is inclusive of a $37 Department of Environment Fee.
On days of nil sightings of White Sharks, all guests will be refunded $100 and provided a $200 voucher off a future tour.
Sunset on the Chace – Flinders Ranges - $105pp
Watch a brilliant sunset reflect on the Chace Range as you sip on local wine and enjoy delicious canapés prepared by the Woolshed Restaurant. Wilpena Pound provides a stunning backdrop to this two-hour tour.
Flinders Ranges Scenic Flight - $275pp
Seeing the ancient landscape of the Flinders Ranges from the air will simply leave you speechless! This 45-minute scenic flight takes you over iconic Wilpena Pound, Ikara- the Flinders Ranges National Park, Parachilna Gorge and The Heysen Range which is known the Backbone of the Flinders Ranges.