Florence: Medici Tour with Michelangelo's David
Discover the Medici's story whilst skipping the line to see more of the great masterpiece of Michelangelo’s David. From Giovanni de Medici to Lorenzo de Medici, you can watch, listen and understand the power of the Medici Family.
• Discover the story of the most elite families of the time
• Gain exclusive entrance to the Accademia Gallery, the home of Michelangelo's original sculpture of David
• Learn from a passionate and art-loving local guide
• Cover the most of your stay in Florence with a Medici walking tour with a group less than 5 people
• See the stunning architecture of historical buildings
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear your guide
- Entrance Ticket with reservation to the Accademia Gallery and Cappelle Medicee
- Italian Gelato or bottle of water
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dell'Accademia
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to and from attractions
- Entrance Tickets not mentioned under inclusions
- Headphones will not be provided due to COVID-19 (We recommend to bring your own headphones)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122, Florence Italy
The locally qualified guide will introduce you to this museum revealing all the secrets about David, and the other masterpieces hosted in it. After that quick detour, the guide will lead you to the Hall of the Colossus to see the works of art of Giambologna’s “Rape of the Sabines”, Cassone Adimari, Domenico Ghirlandaio’s solemn “St. Stephen between St. James and St. Peter”, then onto the main Hall of the Prisoners to learn more about the unfinished statues by Michelangelo “Slaves”, and the friendship and mutual influence with artist like Fra’ Bartolomeo, Pontormo, Granacci, etc..
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Galleria dell'Accademia, Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122, Florence Italy
Later, the guide will spend time at The Tribune, sharing all the information of the world-famous statue of Michelangelo “David's Statue” and the Tribune Left Wing "Allori’s Coronation of the Virgin Mary".
Finally, the guide will also introduce you to the Gipsoteca Bartolini the plaster casts of the Reclining Venus, Arnolfo, Brunelleschi and Lorenzo Monaco, Documentation center on the first floor.
After revealing the secrets of Michelangelo’s "David", your guide will walk you to the Palazzo Medici Riccardi,
Stop At: Palazzo Medici Riccardi, Via Camillo Cavour 1-3, 50129, Florence Italy
Your tour begins at the Palazzo Medici Riccardi, which is the main residence of the first branch of the Medici family. The Medici family was connected to most of the other elite families of the time through marriages of convenience, partnership, or employment so the family had a central position in the social network. Several families had systematic access to the rest of the elite families only through the Medici family. Some examples of these families include the Bardi, Altoviti, Ridolfi, Cavalcanti, and the Tornabuoni. This has been suggested as a reason for the rise of the Medici family.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Florence, Florence, Tuscany
Continue your tour to the square of San Lorenzo Church, which was Florence’s cathedral until the 8th-century. From the early 15th-century, the Medici family had the church entirely rebuilt in the new Renaissance style. On your way here, discover the Medici Chapels and the private mausoleum of the Medici Grand Dukes, where you can admire Michelangelo’s New Sacristy and his Medici Tombs. Then move across the city center to reach the river Arno and cross the river on Ponte Vecchio to the Oltrarno district. Here, see the imposing Palazzo Pitti, which was the last residence of the Medici family. Your guide will lead you to the last stop of the tour, La Strega Nocciola, to enjoy a delicious ice cream.
Departure Point :Via Ricasoli, 51, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- "Skip-the-line" access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the museum management)
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Most travelers can participate
- Recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Bring your own headphones
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.