Florence&Pisa private day trip from Rome
Take this excursion where you can visit two of the most popular italian cities, Florence, regarded as the Italian Renaissance birthplace and Pisa, worlwide famous because of the leaning tower. Florence is famous for the immense political and economic power it wielded during the rule of the Medici Dynasty, Florence offered the world a stage for great artistic masters such as
Leonardo da Vinci and Galileo. Walking around, you can admire amazing
monuments and even the everyday life of this marvelous city. Pisa’s most popular attraction is the Leaning Tower. But what most don’t realize is that it is actually one of four structures that make up the Campa dei Miracoli or Field of Miracles. A charming area unmissable while travelling Tuscany.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Leaning Tower of Pisa, Piazza del Duomo Piazza dei Miracoli, 56126, Pisa Italy
You will be picked up by an English - speaking driver at your accomodation in Rome, and then go straight traveling to North. Along the motorway you will stop for a coffee for about 20 minutes and then keep on going. Your first destination will be Pisa, worldwide popular for its leaning tower. In about 3 hours 20 minutes you will reach Piazza dei Miracoli, the heart of Pisa. When you first arrive at the beautiful Square of Miracles (Piazza dei Miracoli), your sight will be captivated by the magnificent Tower.
Once you have admired the Tower from all angles (including the classic picture in which you pretend to support it to keep as a memento), continue your visit to the other monuments in the Piazza: the Cathedral and the Baptistery. Along the perimeter of the square, there is also the Cemetery, the Cathedral Museum and the Museum of the Synopses. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the Arno river and on your way, pass by Clock Palace to enter into Piazza dei Cavalieri, which was once the heart of power in the city and later the headquarters of the Knights of St. Stephen. Beside of it, Pisa was the birthplace of the scientist Galileo Galilei. The University of Pisa, founded in 1343, had more than 25,000 students in the late 20th century.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Florence, Florence, Tuscany
After spending your time in Pisa , you will meet your driver again and board in the air-conditioned minivan Mercedes, and the driver will take you to your next destination: Florence, cradle of the Renaissance, romantic, enchanting and utterly irresistible; this is a place to feast on world-class art and gourmet Tuscan cuisine.
In Florence it would be the lunch time, so you can go for your meal and enjoy the local cuisine, perhaps you wish to try the famous, bistecca fiorentina (Florentine steak), but be sure you are really hungry, as it is quite big, not miss to sample some Chianti wine, but the way.
You can start your walking from the center, where you can admire the Duomo, possibly the most celebrated cathedral in the world, this building as it is simply known in Florence is the jewel of the city. Climbing the Duomo, with the huge cupola by Filippo Brunelleschi, is one of the most breathtaking experiences you can have in the center of Florence. From there you can dominate the whole city and have a unique view. But you will be impressed by Giotto’s Campanile.
This structure is a true masterpiece of Gothic architecture and is one of the most renowned designs in the city. You can continue, walking onto Ponte Vecchio, an extremely famous and old bridge.
Spanning the river Arno, the Vecchio Bridge is noted for the number of shops that are built into the sides of the bridge, its decorated history and the plethora of shops that line the main walkway. But you won't be tired of admiring beautiful palaces such as Palazzo Vecchio, the Baptistery of St. John, Palazzo Pitti, Basilica of Santa Croce and others jewel of Renaissance complex. Furthermore, the driver will take to Piazzale Michelangelo, this square offers the best view of Florence and of the Cathedral in the entire city. At the end of this incredible experience, you go back to the van and relax the way to Rome. The tour ends at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your personal driver will pick you up at your accommodation in Rome.For pick up outside Rome, (other villages, airport, etc), we charge for tranfser, according the distance from the city.
Departure Time :6:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- as long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, temperature checks for travelers are absolutely necessary in some tours and excursions that include museums, indoor places and busy areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.