Fontainebleau private excursion
Fontainebleau is a unique castle – very large, built and rebuilt in different times, it is a veritable patchwork of architectural styles and different eras that have profoundly marked the history of France. Walking through the castle is like walking to a set of time capsules, each of them representing a certain era, connected to a historically significant individual – most of French history condensed in one site. Also, the forest and the gardens are worthy of admiration in their own right.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Round-trip private transfer
- Entry/Admission - Chateau de Fontainebleau
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fontainebleau, Fontainebleau, Seine-et-Marne, Ile-de-France
Take detailed and extensive guided walk trough castles’ many different sections, from the Medieval period to the Second Empire (the second half of the nineteenth century).
This 6-hour tour gives you an overview of the castles’ diverse and layered architecture, history, and the insight into its many works of art.
If you wish to see a true gem of architecture, a layered puzzle of French (and indeed, European) history condensed into one beautiful domain, this is the right tour for you.
See Fontainebleau, the renaissance castle built by François the 1st, which served as a residence to Napoleon
Discover the rich history of the place, dating back to pre-medieval times, closely linked to the very important events that shaped France as it is today
Visit the extensive domain and the beautiful gardens
Explore the forest of Fontainebleau, protected as national park
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chateau de Fontainebleau, Pl. du General-de-Gaulle, 77300, Fontainebleau France
The visitors will visit the chateau interior and gardens, learning about its unique role in French history; see the throne room of Napoleon; see the chambers where Napoleon held the pope hostage, and much more.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travelers in the Paris region stated above. Pick ups from further away, like from the airport, are also possible and are charged extra.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.