Food, Culture and Calligraphy Tour in Sugamo
On our Sugamo Culture and Food tour, you have the best of all worlds. We will begin the tour with a local sweet treat from a shop that has been in the area for about 100 years! This charming location has a great friendly atmosphere and creates original snacks and classics with a twist found nowhere else in Tokyo. Next, head to Jizo Dori, the famous local shopping arcade, where you will have a chance to visit regional shops celebrating prefectures across Japan and stop at a famous temple. The district’s popular, 800-meter long street is also affectionately known as the “Old Ladies’ Harajuku”, a fun comparison to the Harajuku district’s status as one of Japan’s foremost youthful shopping and fashion destinations. Learn about this haven for older Tokyo residents, who are nevertheless still quite young at heart!
per adult from
What's included :
- Try local dishes at 5 food stops and lunch in a local restaurant
- Dessert and 1 drink included
- Traditional calligraphy experience with professionals (all materials are supplied).
- Bring back home your own customized t-shirt
- Local English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Sugamo District
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
- Transportation costs
- Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sugamo, Sugamo, Toshima, Tokyo, Tokyo Prefecture, Kanto
Meet up point: The front of Aoyama Flower Market shop inside the Sugamo Station entrance area.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sugamo District, Sugamo, Toshima 170-0002 Tokyo Prefecture
-3-hour tour and Cultural experience
-Lunch and local food tastings at 5 food stops
-Browse the shops at a local shopping arcade for souvenirs unique to the area.
-Shodo (Japanese calligraphy class) with an English speaking teacher in a private studio
-Take home your own T-shirt with your Kanji character from your personal brush work
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Sugamo Jizo-dori Shopping Street, Sugamo, Toshima 170-0002 Tokyo Prefecture
Departure Point :Sugamo Station, 1 Chome-16 Sugamo, Toshima City, Tokyo 170-0002, Japan
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Sugamo Jizodori Shopping Street, 4 Chome-22-8 Sugamo, Toshima City, Tōkyō-to 170-0002, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: No Shellfish, No pork
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.