Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) Nature Trekking from Kuala Lumpur
FRIM or Forest Research Institute of Malaysia,located at Kepong, is a must for all nature lovers who are in the capital city of Kuala Lumpur. It is located in the suburb city of Petaling Jaya, approximately 16 km north west of the capital city. It was founded in the year 1929 and is one of the leading institutions in tropical forestry research both locally and abroad. This 600 hectares tropical forest contains a wealth of flora and fauna with approximately 15,000 species of plants though for a layman in botanic, all of them look like greenery.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional nature guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (within 0.5km from city center)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - FRIM -Forest Research Institute of Malaysia
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - FRIM Canopy Walk
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: FRIM -Forest Research Institute of Malaysia, Kepong, Petaling Jaya 52109 Malaysia
Tour start around 09:00 am and 02:00 pm for private and 09:00 am for Seat in Coach with the hotel pickup (selected hotel around Kuala Lumpur city). it will takes approximately 1 hour journey to the Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM).
Along the way you pass through typical Malay Villagers and scenes of friendly people going about their daily chores.
Once arrive at the forest institute , you will be introduced to the nature trekking guide. An introduction of the place and activities will be carried out immediately on arrival before proceeding with jungle trekking. Please wear a appropriate attire for this activities.
As you enter the trekking trails, you will be amazed by the arboretums or living museum of trees. Walk through the many nature trails and discover the many species of flora and fauna here.
Of particular interest is the "puzzle-like" pattern of the individual tree crowns separated by gaps and outlined against the sky. This phenomenon is called "Crown Shyness". The reason for its name is because the leaf tips of the Dryobalanops aromatica appear to be shy towards their own kind, hence forming the gap.
This tree is also known as kapur tree and has a nice-smelling exudate known as camphor, one of the main component of making ointment. The ointment is used for stomach massages after child delivery.
After about an hour in the jungle and enjoy learning new things, we packed up and return back to hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: FRIM Canopy Walk, Hutan Lipur Bukit Lagong,, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
FRIM Canopy Walk is not included in this tour, but you have option to experience with additional extra charge.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :MATIC, 109, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Traveler pickup is offered
Free hotel pick up & drop off from your hotel located at Kuala Lumpur City Centre (3km radius from KLCC).You can also join our tour from Kuala Lumpur meeting point namely Malaysia Tourism Centre (MaTic): 109, Jalan Ampang, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 3km radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.