Former Soviet Forced Labor Camp Tour, Inclusive of Entry Fees & Hotel Pickup
This tour to the museum of Akmola camp for the wives of traitors of Motherland (ALZHIR), undoubtedly, demands a certain emotional mood, because everything that you will see, won't leave you indifferent...
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Alzhir, Memorial Museum of Victims of Political Repressions and Totalitarianism
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alzhir, Memorial Museum of Victims of Political Repressions and Totalitarianism, Kurgaldzhinskoye Highway, 37th km. from Astana,, Malinovka Kazakhstan
ALZHIR - Akmola camp for the wives of traitors of Motherland - one of the largest camps of Soviet Union and one of the three "islands" of the "Gulag Archipelago". The camp was opened in the beginning of 1938, when it received the first stages of the prisoners - mostly members of the families of traitors. According to incomplete data, the number of repressed exceeded 18,000 convicts.
In 2007 at the former site of the correctional camp was opened the Museum and Memorial Complex of Victims of Political Repression and Totalitarianism, which you will visit during the tour. At the entrance to the museum there is “Arch of Grief”, and further are two compositions "Despair and Powerlessness" and "Fight and Hope" – in memory to the families forever separated by cruel time. The tunnel, where on the walls represented the tragic moments of parting with children, cruel and unfair court of the Three, a prison cell and a punishment cell, helps to plunge into the atmosphere of repressions.
The exposition of the museum is located on hall perimeter, that involves the visitor in a vicious circle and immerses in the historical past of Kazakhstan. At the end of excursion you will have an opportunity to watch 20-minute documentary film.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in central Nur-Sultan
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.