Freeport Shore Excursion: Deadman's Reef Snorkeling and Beach Escape
When your cruise ship pulls into Freeport, head over to Deadman's Reef on Grand Bahama. Spend the morning or afternoon however you wish! Perhaps snorkel just off the shore, where you’ll see tropical fish, sea turtles and shellfish (equipment included); go swimming in the shallow water; or just enjoy soaking up the sunshine without dealing with typical beach crowds. Food and drinks available for purchase at the beach bar.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free shore excursion guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (available for purchase at the beach bar)
- Entrance fee to Paradise Cove (approx. USD $11)
- Your shore excursion starts at the Freeport cruise port, where you'll meet your guide and head to your coach for the 12-mile (20-km) drive west towards Deadman's Reef.
Located on the southwest coast of Grand Bahama, Deadman's Reef is an off-the-beaten-path stretch of coastline where you can relax without the crowds and vendors found on the better-known beaches. You have about three hours to enjoy the beach at your leisure.
Your guide is on hand to provide you with a mask, snorkel and fins and give you some tips on snorkeling safety. Then just walk straight into the water and snorkel right off the shore! Deadman’s Reef is one of Grand Bahama's top off-shore reefs, home to marine creatures like colorful fish, shellfish, sea turtles and even dolphins.
If you’re not into snorkeling, you can still spot some marine life by simply walking out into the crystal-clear water and watching the fish swim by. And when you need a snack or refreshing beverage, pop into the beach bar for a conch burger, hot dog or lobster salad, or maybe a piña colada or other tropical drink.
When your beach time is up, you’ll be driven back to the cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Freeport port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Directions: Meet your guide from Fran's Tours & Travel at the frog statue outside of Senor Frogs, located at the Freeport HarbourPorts
- Freeport Cruise Port
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.