Frida Kahlo Museum and Diego Riviera Studio Tour with Admission Tickets
Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera helped to define Mexican modernism while engaged in a tumultuous romance. On this 3-hour Frida Kahlo Tour we’ll get a glimpse into the life of Mexican artists.
Our visit will take us to the Frida Kahlo Museum, or Casa Azul, her former abode and where many of her self-portraits were created. We will get a sense of how she once lived and worked. We’ll engage directly with her history as we surround ourselves by her artwork, her clothing, her photos, and even the prosthetics, and corsets she wore as a result of childhood polio and a horrifying train accident in 1925.
We’ll then shift our conversation to focus more on Diego as we jump in a taxi to reach our final stop: the Museo Estudio Diego Rivera, or the dual homes and studios of the artists. Our expert will enliven the modern architectural space, the objects and artwork within the stories of Diego’s interest in native Mexican cultures as well as the couple’s love and the impact that they had
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance tickets to the museum of Frida Kahlo and Studio of Diego Riviera
- Art guide for 3 - 3,5 hours
- Skip-the-line guided museum tour
- Entry/Admission - Museo Frida Kahlo
- Entry/Admission - Museo Estudio Diego Rivera y Frida Kahlo
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo Frida Kahlo, Calle Londres 247 Col. Del Carmen, Mexico City 04100 Mexico
During the tour we will visit Frida Kahlo Museum, her former abode and where many of her self-portraits were created. The historic building is the artist’s former home and where many of her self-portraits were created. We’ll explore her most intimate spaces, filled by her artwork, photos, clothing, and even corsets she wore as a result of childhood polio and a horrifying bus accident in 1925. Our expert guide will lead you through the artist’s charming courtyards, gardens, and fountains and discuss the major influences on her work: the tragic accident, her personality, her identity as a Mexican woman and of course, Diego.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Museo Estudio Diego Rivera y Frida Kahlo, Av. Altavista Diego Rivera, Colonia San Angel Inn, Mexico City 01090 Mexico
Then we will proceed to the Museo Estudio Diego Rivera y Frida Kahlo, or the dual homes and studios of the lovers Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo. Our expert will enliven the notable modern architectural space, the objects and artwork within through stories of Diego’s intense interest in native Mexican cultures as well as the couple’s epic love affair, tumultuous marriages, and the impact that they had on their city, country and the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Ignacio Allende 212, Del Carmen, Coyoacán, 04100 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Return Detail :Museo Casa Estudio Diego Rivera y Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera s/n, San Ángel Inn, Álvaro Obregón, 01060 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you arrive late you might loose the entrance at the museum
- The order of the itinerary might change due to availability tickets
- Most travelers can participate
- It is important to know that Frida Kahlo museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management (as usual it happens during high season). When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin backpacks are allowed through security. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this case your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.