Fridays: Black & White Houses Alexandra Park
Discover the colonial architecture of Black & White houses as you stroll through quiet Alexandra Park, imagine a simpler time.
The black & white houses in the estate were built for British officers from Alexandra and Gillman Barracks, as well as medical personnel employed in the nearby Alexandra Military Hospital. This tour delves into architectural features of these iconic houses, their history, and the lifestyle of the people who lived here in the past.
This estate features four different types of black & white houses. Most of the homes were built in the 1930s, some in tropical Art Deco style, with its streamlined appearance and flat roofs. Some of the houses here are special in that due to the hilly terrain, they were built on pillars of varying heights.
Note: We shall be viewing everything from outside.
per adult from
What's included :
- Your tour will be escorted by a passionate Singapore Architecture team guide
- Audio listen sets are used so everyone can hear their guide clearly and maintain social distance
What's excluded :
- Please note that a minimum of 2 attendees is required for the tour to operate
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hort Park, 33 Hyderabad Road, Singapore 119578 Singapore
945am for a 10am start
- Meet at Hort Park, 33 Hyderabad Road
- Art Deco-style Old Institute of Dental Health Building
- Black & White houses on stilts
- Canterbury/Wincester /Russel/ York Roads
- Plantation House
End back at Hort Park
Departure Point :Hort Park, 33 Hyderabad Rd, Singapore 119578
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.