From Amman a Day Excursion to Petra
Today you will discover a city half as old as time, the rose red city of Petra, and one of the Seven Wonders of the World and without a doubt Jordans most valuable treasure. It was an important junction for the silk, spice and other trade routes that linked China, India and Southern Arabia with Egypt, Syria, Greece and Rome. The rock-carved rose-red city of Petra is considered the most famous and gorgeous site in Jordan. It is the legacy of the Nabataeans, an industrious Arab people who settled in southern Jordan more than 2000 years ago. Admired then for its refined culture, massive architecture and ingenious complex of dams and water channels, Petra is now a UNESCO world heritage site that enchants visitors from all corners of the globe. After marvelling at the beauty of Petra depart back to Amman.
per adult from
9 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Water and wifi on board of the vehicle
- Private air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Lunch inside site of Petra: 30 USD per person // Lunch outside site of Petra: 15 USD per person
- Local Guide for Petra visit (2 hours only): 85 USD per excursion
- Private English-speaking guide: 215 USD per excursion
- Entry/Admission - Petra
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Petra - Wadi Musa 77110 Jordan
Pick up from your residence in Amman, transfer to the Red-Rose city of Petra; one of the new Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is a unique city, carved into the sheer rock face by the Nabataeans, an industrious Arab people who settled here more than 2000 years ago, turning it into an important junction for the silk, spice and other trade routes that linked China, India and southern Arabia with Egypt, Syria, Greece and Rome. Upon arrival, enter the city through 1KM long narrow gorge which is flanked either side by 80m high cliffs! Notice the dazzling colors and formations of the rocks. Visit the Treasury, the Roman Theater, the Royal Tombs, the Court, Qasr Al Bent and the Church. Upon completion, transfer back to your hotel in Amman for drop off.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your residence in Amman, location to be advised by clients Airports
- Queen Alia Intl Airport, Amman Jordan
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.