From Aswan: Full-Day Trip to Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples
Discover the majestic and well-preserved Temples of Kom Ombo and Edfu on a day trip from Aswan. Find out more about Egyptian history and mythology with a private Egyptologist guide, and travel in comfort in a fully air-conditioned vehicle.
What's included :
- Tax and service charges
- Entry fees mentioned as per tour description
- Professional and licensed tour guide
- Air-conditioned transportation for all transfers
- Pickup and drop-off from your hotel in Aswan
What's excluded :
- Tipping (optional)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aswan, Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Nile River Valley
Day 1Day Trip to Kom Ombo and Edfu Temples
The guide will take you from your hotel to visit the magnificent temples in Aswan
Visit Kom Ombo Temple and Edfu Temple for this full day tour. Marvel at these unique structures, get to know them and Egyptian deities with a licensed professional guide.
Start your tour by picking up from the hotel lobby in Aswan, then head towards Kom Ombo with your Egyptologist. Enjoy the attention of your full guide throughout the day, and listen to the history of impressive sights in Egypt as you make your way to your first destination.
Upon reaching Kom Ombo Temple, you can peek at the Nile from the high ground of the temple.
The Temple of Kom Ombo is considered one of the most important Egyptian temples due to its architectural and religious distinction as it dedicated to two temples together are Sobek and Horus, where the temple appears as if it consists of two parts separated by an imaginary line, and the northern part of it was dedicated to the worshipers of the Holy Trinity of Horus, while the southern part was devoted to the worship of the Holy Sobek Trinity. . The temple was also distinguished by a group of important scenes, including the division of the temple by the knowledge of the goddess Maat, the goddess of truth and justice, and also depicted a set of surgical and medical tools, and a list of feasts held in the temple.
After that, he moved to Edfu ancient city, one hour by car, to see the Edfu temple, including the luxurious Temple of Horus, which was built by Ptolemy the following (237 BC) for the god Horus, and concluded his building by Ptolemy IV (212 BC) without what he decorated And completed his decoration and building Ptolemy the tenth and Ptolemy the Hadashir, and completed the complete decoration and building in the year 57 BC . And this temple is considered one of the most important and most beautiful Egyptian temples.
Edfu in ancient Egypt was the last point of Egyptian guards on the Nubian border, and the capital of the second region of Upper Egypt, and it also contained Roman ruins.
The tour concludes with a delivery in your home
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure from the hotel, station or airport
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.