From Luxor: Private Day Trip to Edfu and Kom Ombo
Admire two of the most significant and ancient structures in Egypt, the Temples of Edfu and Kom Ombo. Explore the sandstone temples with your personal Egyptologist, and travel around and between the cities in a modern air-conditioned vehicle.
per adult from
What's included :
- Clean and air-conditioned modern vehicle for all transfers
- Entry fees mentioned as per tour description
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Kom Ombo
What's excluded :
- Return Luxor drop-off (unless the option is selected)
- Tipping (not mandatory)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Kom Ombo, Nagoa Ash Shatb, Kom Ombo 81611 Egypt
Discover two magnificent temples — the Temple of Horus in Edfu and the Temple of Kom Ombo — on a full-day private tour from Luxor with a licensed professional guide. Choose whether to conclude your tour in the city of Aswan, or return back to Luxor at the end of the day.
Meet your driver/guide at your hotel lobby in Luxor and begin your journey to Edfu. On the way, receive your guide's full attention and be enlightened by tales of the ancient mythology of Egypt to pique your interest and enhance your understanding.
Once in Edfu, enjoy an enthralling visit to the Temple of Horus. Marvel at the best-preserved religious place in Egypt with imposing sandstone structures of Horus, the god of protection. In accordance with the mythology of Egyptian gods, explore the site where Horus sought revenge upon Seth, the god of chaos, for murdering his father, Osiris.
Next, take a 1.5-hour drive to the Temple of Kom Ombo, built in devotion to the divine deities overlooking the east side of the River Nile. Learn about the structures of the temple and how it was built in honor of two great divinities: the falcon-headed Horus or Haroeris, and the crocodile-headed god of fertility, Sobek.
After spending a marvelous hour walking around the temple, it will be time for a lunch break in the city of Aswan. From here, either be dropped off at your hotel in Aswan or set off on the return journey to your accommodation in Luxor, depending on the tour option you select.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your guide at your hotel lobby in Luxor. Pickup service is available at any hotel in Luxor, including West Bank hotels and the airport. Please be ready 15 minutes before your pickup time.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.