From Salkantay to Machu Picchu
The Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu is an alternative to the Inca Trail and is considered by many travelers as the best alternative (and perhaps even better!). This beautiful trail is perfect for adventurers who want to integrate themselves day by day in changing ecosystems. You will walk through magical and scenic landscapes from a snowy mountain paradise to a tropical jungle, where we can find medicinal plants and varieties of flowers. See with your own eyes a living culture, but old, in remote villages hardly seen foreigners!
WHY TREK SALKANTAY?
The Trek of Salkantay is among the 25 best treks in the world according to National Geographic Adventure Travel magazine.
After the Inca Trail, the Salkantay trek is the second most popular trek in Machu Picchu (and much less crowded).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
The Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu is an alternative to the Inca Trail and is considered by many travelers as the best alternative (and perhaps even better!). This beautiful trail is perfect for adventurers who want to integrate themselves day by day in changing ecosystems.
• Humantay Lake, Cusco 08002 Peru
• Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Departure Point :Plaza De Armas, Oficina # 01 interior, Calle Plateros 326, Cusco 08000, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
The staff of our agency will pick them up from all the participants in their respective hotels 15minutes before the start of the circuit.Airports
- Velazco Astete Airport, Cusco Peru
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.