Full Day Bolaven Plateau
A one day tour around the Bolaven Plateau, including Tea and Coffee Plantations, 3 Stunning Waterfalls and 2 Ethnic Villages
A stunning scenic mountainous area composed of Volcanic rock, the numerous waterfalls and scenery make for a great day trip. Visit Tad Fane waterfall at an elevation of 1100m with its twin cascades. Swim or take photos at Tad Yuang Waterfall. Visit the ethnic village of Kok Pungtai and learn about this ethnic group and their tradition of building their coffins before they die. Continue to Tad Lo waterfall before visiting the ethnic village of Lao Ngam home to the Katu people with a strong tradition of silk weaving, before returning to Pakse late afternoon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Operated as a small group tour, lunch is included only for 4 or more people
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Other drinks
- Lunch except on bookings where there are 4 or more people
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Depart from your hotel on request this tour takes in the full circuit of the Bolaven Plateau. As soon as you leave Pakse the road climbs in elevation as you ascend onto the Plateau. The area of Volcanic Rock makes for suburb tea and coffee plantations which thrive on the rich soil and the cooler climate. Visit tea and coffee plantations and learn about their processing before carrying on to Tad Fane Waterfall. Tad Fane waterfall sits at an elevation of 1100m and has two stunning cascades dropping 120m off the edge of the plateau.
A further 2km from Tad Fane which makes for a pleasant walk or drive through the coffee plantations is Tad Yuang Waterfall which makes a great spot for a swim or a photo. Continue north along the Plateau travelling past Paksong and into Salavan Province. The next stop is the Katu Village of Kok Pungtai here you can learn about this ethnic group and their tradition of building their coffins before they die. Enjoy lunch before visiting Tad Lo.
From Tad Lo spend your time at the waterfall or take an optional walk to a Laven Village about 2km upstream of Tad Lo. Here you will learn about the culture of this tribe and their focus on the centre of the village for spiritual worship. Although you may be tempted to stay on in this stunning place there is one more village stop on this circuit before arriving in Pakse. The ethnic village of Lao Ngam is home of the Katu people and has a strong tradition of silk weaving, the many beautiful cloths on show are for sale and make great souvenirs. You can also watch the local women weaving the cloth.
Departure Point :Pakse, Pakse, Champasak Province
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotel nameAddress: Place to pick upDirections: Departure is from our office in Pakse, No 4, Street 12, but we are also happy to pick you up from your hotel about 15 minutes before the tour starts.Dates: Daily Return point: Pakse
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.