Full-Day Castles and Celtic History Tour from Dublin: Newgrange, Trim Castle
We are the only tour company in Ireland that will visit both the Newgrange Monument and Trim Castle on their day tour... the two most important sites in the Boyne Valley.
We use small minibuses with max capacity of 16 people so you can enjoy the tour better.
This tour is a shared-group experience with fully qualified and enthusiastic guides.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation in small minibus
- Qualified friendly guide
What's excluded :
- Any entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Newgrange
- Entry/Admission - Trim Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: O'Connell Street, Dublin Ireland
Your tour begins in Dublin city centre, where you will meet your guide and set out through the beautiful Boyne Valley. This is one of Ireland’s most important prehistoric areas and the surrounding landscape is dotted with ancient monuments and castles
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Newgrange, Donore Ireland
Newgrange is one of Ireland’s most impressive ancient monuments in Ireland and is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, We do try to get you into this site. It is the largest purpose built burial site and place of ancient worship in Ireland. The monument is built so that it is aligned with the winter solstice which was of great importance to the neolithic people in Ireland at the time.
Newgrange / Knowth Tour:
*You pay this directly on the day at the entrance.
Children (12-17) €12
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Slane Castle, N51, Slane Ireland
We have our lunch stop normally in the village of Slane, Famous for Slane Castle. There is a short stop and photo opportunity to view the castle that is still lived in to this day. While you are there, hear how U2 recorded their album 'The Unforgettable Fire' in the castle.
Stop At: Trim Castle, Trim Ireland
Trim Castle is the largest Norman castle in Europe. Over a period of 30 years, it was built by Hugh de Lacy and his son Walter as the caput of the Lordship of Meath. One of the new administrative areas of Ireland created by King Henry II of England. It is also where the town of York is portrayed in the movie "Brave Heart".
Here you do a tour of Trim Castle
Please Note (Between November to February 2020 Trim Castle is only Open Weekends – 9.00 to 16.00. )
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Hill of Tara (Temair), Ireland
The Hill of Tara is the ancient high seat of the Celtic Kings of Ireland, 142 kings are said to have reigned there in prehistoric and historic times. In ancient Irish religion and mythology Temair was the sacred place of dwelling for the gods, and was the entrance to the other world. It was a very important site to the Celtic people of Ireland as it is where the High King would take his seat and rule over all the other provincial kings. At this site there are many ancient monuments including The Stone Of Destiny (Lia Fáil)
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :AIB (Bank), 37/38 O'Connell Street Upper, North City, Dublin 1, D01 XR67, Ireland
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In case of bad weather, rain gear is recommended
- Items to bring: camera
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.