Full Day Crossing the Bolaven Plateau
The deep south of land-locked Laos is a pristine example of how the natural landscape has created the perfect soil for adventure-based travel. Added to the experience are its ethnic minorities, its collection of waterfalls, and its coffee culture.
Elevated to up to 1350 metres above sea level, the Bolaven Plateau brings all these elements together with little western influences to dilute the authentic side of the northeast of Champasak. From early morning until late afternoon, innovative approaches on what’s in store for a deep dive in Laos’ southern examples for fair-trade coffee and tea, and high grade exploration.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Tad Fane
- Entry/Admission - Tad Yuang Waterfalls
- Entry/Admission - Bolaven Plateau
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pakse, Laos
Your English-speaking guide and driver will warmly welcome you with a “Sabaidee” at your Pakse booked hotel before heading eastwards toward the Bolaven Plateau. The 40-kilometre long drive takes approximately 45 minutes over paved roads. Home of the Laven minority, this stretched out part of Laos is the sole place where local coffee connoisseurs practice their magic in growing Arabica and Robusta beans.
We start the morning with a visit to a family-driven coffee plantation where the owners are keen to explain the process of growing Laos-grade coffee beans. No visit to a coffee plantation is complete without trying a cup of freshly-brewed and assists the family with picking coffee beans.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tad Fane, Route E16, Paksong Laos
Following this tasteful encounter at a local coffee enterprise, we head over to the Tad Fane waterfall. Tad Fane's dramatic 120-metre drop makes it Bolaven Plateau’s most popular waterfall, which is situated in the Dong Houa Sao National Protected Area of this highland area. The Champi and Pak Rivers flow over the cliff producing an impressive double cascade which can be seen from the viewing platform.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tad Yuang Waterfalls, Ban Lak 40, Road 23, Pakse Laos
The Tad Yuang is next on our travel agenda: its sheer drop of water flowing over the rock to the pool 40 metres below creates a dramatic scene, and it is even possible to swim behind its curtain of water.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bolaven Plateau, Laos
A packed morning ends with a local lunch at a nearby restaurant before continuing this Bolaven exploration. With over 20,000 families living and working in approximately 250 villages spread across its natural borders, it is time to get to know some of the very hospitable villagers. For generations, the sands of time have almost stood still thus expect a wonderful encounter with the indigenous people and their ways of living.
At the end of the afternoon, we make our way back to Pakse where your guide and driver drop you back off at your booked Pakse accommodation.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Pakse hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Pakse.
- Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Champasak, Done Det, 4000 Islands, Chong Mek and Pakse International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers are reminded to submit their passport number and expiration date with their reservation. These are essential requirements as outlined by local immigration regulations.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.