Full Day Cu Chi Tunnels and Saigon
Tightly knitted to the atrocities of war, a story of unification and hardship that shaped present Vietnam unfolds. From the trenches of the Cu Chi Tunnels to the role of the Reunification Palace on the road to peace, this is a story that must be told.
• Follow in the footsteps of the country’s war stories
• Venture into the expansive Cu Chi Tunnels
• Explore the Reunification Palace, the centre of peace
• Wander through the impressive War Remnants Museum
• Lunch at a local restaurant is included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Cu Chi Tunnels
- Entry/Admission - Independence Palace
- Entry/Admission - War Remnants Museum
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Surcharge for guide during TET (Vietnamese New Year)
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cu Chi Tunnels, Phu Hiep TL15 Phu Hiep, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
In the morning, your guide and drive will be waiting for you in the hotel lobby to start a comfortable ride in a north-western direction towards Cu Chi. Just 70 kilometres outside Ho Chi Minh City the Cu Chi tunnels are one of the best-preserved examples of Vietnamese warfare ingenuity. Built by resistance fighters to the French occupation, and later further expanded by the Viet Cong as war raged across Vietnam during the 1960s and 1970s. A vast underground network of tunnels, you will marvel at their ingenuity and resilience with various secret trapdoors, underground kitchens, living areas and meeting rooms. For those preferring to remain above ground, there is ample opportunity to view excavated areas from above. A local lunch is included before heading back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Independence Palace, 135 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa, Phường Bến Thành, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
In the afternoon, we make our way back to Ho Chi Minh City and visit the former Presidential Palace. Now called Reunification Palace, it was here where the war came to an end in 1975. Visits to this palace museum include seeing to the underground communications bunkers, headquarters for the Saigon Government during the American War.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: War Remnants Museum, 28 Vo Van Tan Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
At the end of the day, you will visit the War Remnants Museum with its display of grim realities of the war. Formerly known as the War Crimes Museum, the War Remnants Museum is by far the most well-known museum in Saigon, exhaustively documenting the horrors of the long Vietnam- American war. Newly housed in a modern building, exhibits include explicit photographs of civilian casualties and a collection of tanks, planes and weapons in the yard outside.
Within a day's drive, we will cover several attractions well-worth the trip and that is a constant reminder about the Vietnam past. By the end of the day, we will transfer you back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Ho Chi Minh City centre hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Ho Chi Minh City centre. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the city, harbour and the Ho Chi Minh’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Customers are advised that during the TET celebrations (celebration of Vietnamese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Certain sights in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- 1. All Clients should use their own refillable water bottle to avoid regular contacts with multiples single-use plastic bags (this has the additional positive effect of reducing plastic waste in our destination). 2. Everyone reminded to wash or sanitize hands before all snacks, meals.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.