Full-Day Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles Sunset Tour from Melbourne
Escape the crowds and experience the spectacular scenery and sunset over the Great Ocean Road on this small group tour. Depart mid-morning making your way towards the Surf Coast with frequent scenic stops, including the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch. Along the way you will see pristine beaches, pass through idyllic seaside villages and stop to look for some of Australia’s iconic wildlife like wild koalas and colourful parrots. Discover the Shipwreck Coast, stroll along the historic beaches and see Loch Ard Gorge. Arrive at the 12 Apostles and descend the Gibson’s Steps where you will be dwarfed by the high cliff line and these enormous offshore stacks. One of the many highlights of your day will no doubt be watching the sun set over this spectacular coastline (summer only/subject to weather conditions).
per adult from
10 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Friendly & informative tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup from selected hotels
- All Fees and Taxes
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Apostles
What's excluded :
- Meals & drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Anglesea, Anglesea, Victoria
Take a quick break to stretch your legs and take a walk along the Anglesea River or beautiful beach. A favourite holidaying destination for locals, Anglesea is a classic Australian beach-side town.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway, Great Ocean Rd 689/721 Great Ocean Rd, Lorne, Victoria Australia
Photo opportunity. Hear memorable stories at Memorial Arch about the engineering feat that ended decades of isolation for the regions coastal communities.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kennett River, Victoria Australia
Look for Koalas & native brids in the wild! Have an extended stay here during the Winter months for a chance to grab some lunch.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
The history of the infamous Shipwreck Coast is revealed on the beach at Loch Ard Gorge!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell, Victoria 3269 Australia
The world-famous 12 Apostles see these enormous limestone stacks from the viewing platform. Even more stunning at Sunset, your guide will arrive at the perfect time to watch the sun disappear over the sea.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is only available from the list of hotels provided upon checkout.Your pickup will be between 9am-10am (Apr-Oct) or 10am-11am (Nov-Mar) depending on which hotel you selected. Your exact meeting time will be provided after a booking is placed.This tour returns to Melbourne at approximately 10pm-midnight depending on the season.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please limit luggage to a small backpack weighing no more than 11lbs ( 5 kg)
- If travelling with an infant, please contact Tour Operator directly and request infant seat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We have been closely monitoring recommendations from the Australian Government & World Health Organisation (WHO) & based on their advice we have enhanced our cleaning procedures and implemented precautionary measures to ensure the highest levels of safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.