Full Day Los Flamencos National Reserve and Piedras Rojas
We leave from your lodging around 7:00 - 7:30 AM to the town of Socaire, continue our way to Lagunas Altiplanicas (Miscanti and Meñiques), where we will make a gentle walk around the place observing its flora and fauna. We will continue towards the Salar de Talar and the Mirador de Piedras Rojas, from where you will be able to appreciate a paradise of colors from the red of the stones, to the calypso of the Salar de Aguas Calientes. Back to San Pedro de Atacama, we will visit the Salar de Atacama, and we will cross the path of Laguna Chaxa, where the three species of flamingos that live in Chile nest. Finally we will visit the town of Toconao, where we will visit the church and the Bell Tower of San Lucas.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de Socaire
- Entry/Admission - Salar de Aguas Calientes
What's excluded :
- Ticket to Lagunas altiplanicas and Laguna Chaxa
- Entry/Admission - Lagunas Altiplanicas
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Chaxa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Iglesia de Socaire, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
Socaire is a small village in the desert, the church is the main historical patrimony of the town. Its historical and cultural value offer a fantastic artistic exhibition, with several work from colonial times.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Lagunas Altiplanicas, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
Located 4000 meters above sea level, these four lagoons are in the middle of a magical natural landscape, surrounded by mountains. Apart from their beautiful landscape, the Miscanti and Miñiques lagoons are perfect places to do some birdwatching, with species like flamencos and parinas.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Laguna Chaxa, Reserna Nacional los Flamencos, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
Chaxa Lagoon offers a wonderful show for visitors. With a salty surface, it´s possible to find pink flamencos around, protected by the Forest National Corporation (CONAF).
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Salar de Aguas Calientes, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
The Salar Aguas Calientes is 200 kilometers from San Pedro de Atacama, by the same route that passes through Socaire and the Miscanti and Miñiques lagoons, in the direction of the border crossing. The salar is located inside the National Reserve of Flamingos and is surrounded by volcanoes such as Lascar. Here you can find vicuñas, foxes, vizcachas, chinchillas, ñandúes and flamencos
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hostel and hotel in central San Pedro de Atacama. We need you to always give us the address of your Hotel :)
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.