Full-Day Meteora Tour from Athens
Traveling across the Plain of Thessaly, we find the monasteries of Meteora. These monasteries not only give us a glimpse into the ancient monastic life of the Orthodox Church, but also have one of the most breathtaking locations in Greece.
They built their monasteries on the tops of these columns, both for safety and for the isolation they provided. In the past the monasteries were often only accessible by a rope ladder, which the monks could draw up if they were threatened and this way they were protected from the Turkish invaders that were slowly taking over the Byzantine Empire.
We will also visit the site of the Leonidas’ 300 Spartans stand against the mighty army of the Xerxes of Persia - Thermopylae, or the “Hot Gates”. The Spartans and their allies lured the Persian army to this narrow pass between the cliffs and the sea and although they were defeated, their bravery allowed the other Greek city-states to mobilize and finally defeat the Persians at the Battle of Salamis.
per adult from
10 to 15 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation from and to your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus
- Transportation from and to the cruise terminal of Piraeus port and ATHENS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Private tour (your party only), Air condition, Wi-Fi in vehicle, fuel surcharge and tolls
- Professional English-speaking driver. Gives information & tips but does not come in the sites
- Everything that involves the vehicle
What's excluded :
- Admission fees
- Food and drinks
- Professional guide at sites (if wanted, with an extra charge, you can hire in the site)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Thermopylae, Thermopylae, Phthiotis Region, Central Greece
Visit Thermopylae (hot gates).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us, to confirm final details.We pick you up from all Hotels from Athens and Piraeus.The port and cruise terminal or address you have given us.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- PIRAEUS PORT
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain; otherwise the driver will do their best for you to see most of the sites
- Departure time is between 5:30am-7:30am, based on your preference!
- Duration: 13 to 15 hours
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Our drivers are professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Their priority is your satisfaction and safety. All our drivers speak English and are ready to help and to provide tips!
- Our cars are well-maintained, clean, and have free Wi-Fi. Baby chairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers are available on request, at no additional charge
- Professional guide at the site (if wanted, with an extra charge, you can hire in the site)
- All prices are for 1 tour, for 1 to 4 passengers, with a taxi or sedan, and up to 7 (on request 8 passengers) passengers with a minivan
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking for a full refund in the case of bad weather, health issues or site closures
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.