Full-Day Pak Ou Caves and Mekong River Bike and Boat Tour from Luang Prabang
Discover the beauty of the Mekong River on this full-day tour from Luang Prabang. Embark on a scenic bike tour along the Mekong; visit handicrafts villages such as Ban XiengLek and Ban Xiang Hai; then cruise along the Mekong River to the Pak Ou Caves. This tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off, and lunch.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Boat cruise
- Drinking Water
- Bicycle and safety equipment
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Your tour begins with an 8am pickup from your Luang Prabang hotel and a short transfer to the bike rental outlet to pick up your mountain bike. After meeting your guide, saddle up for thrilling bike ride along the Mekong River.
Leave the city behind as you wind along country lanes and dirt tracks, then get a taste of rural life in Laos as you stop to visit traditional villages along the way. Stop in Ban XiengLek, a village famous for handicrafts, where you'll have chance to watch local artisans weaving and making mulberry paper, then continue to Ban Xiang Hai, where local specialty Lao Lao rice whiskey is made.
End your bike tour in Pak Ou, at the meeting point of the Nam Ou and Mekong Rivers, and enjoy lunch (included) at a local restaurant looking out over the dramatic limestone cliffs and river valleys.
After lunch, hop aboard a traditional longtail boat for a scenic cruise to the Pak Ou Caves. The sacred caves are an important place of pilgrimage and are filled with thousands of Buddha relics. Spend time exploring the caves and marvelling at the views from the upper cave, before jumping back on the boat.
Follow the Mekong River all the way back to Luang Prabang, soaking up the scenery on the 1.5-hour cruise, then end your tour with drop-off at your hotel around 5pm.
Departure Point :Hotels in Luang Prabang city centre
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Luang Prabang city centre
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Easy level bike ride
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.