Full Day Private Cradle of Humankind
The Cradle of Humankind is home to around 40% of the world's human ancestor fossils making it the richest hominin fossil site in the world. The World Heritage Site offers visitors the opportunity to learn about stones and bones, discover and appreciate a range of wildlife species both living and extinct, experience South African culture, and so much more.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Maropeng Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - Sterkfontein Cave
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maropeng Visitor Centre, R400 off R563 Hekpoort Road Sterkfontein, Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site 1911 South Africa
The first stop is the Maropeng Visitor Centre which is an exciting, world-class exhibition, focusing on the evolution of humankind and our ancestors over the past few million years. The Maropeng exhibition is housed in the Tumulus building which is a magnificent piece of architecture reflecting the four important elements in the formation of our planet – earth, fire, water and air. Embark on an underground boat ride taking you back in time and retracing the various stages of our planet’s evolution.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sterkfontein Caves Rd. Kromdraai Road Off the R563, Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site South Africa
After lunch (to own account) continue to the world-renowned Sterkfontein Caves one of the richest and most active paleoanthropological sites in the world. It is also the site of discovery of the famous pre-human skull affectionately known as “Mrs Ples”, as well as an almost-complete hominid skeleton called “Little Foot”. Scientists have merely scratched the surface of this outstanding site indicating that many more mysteries may lie hidden in the rocks of the Sterkfontein Caves and considering it has been awarded World Heritage Site status, its wealth of history, fossils and artefacts will surely be explored as well as protected forever.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, Rivonia Rd &, Daisy St, Sandown, Sandton, 2146, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
An accurate collection time will be communicated to your hotel the day prior to departure.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.