Full-Day Private Li River Hiking Tour Including Xingping and Xianggong Hill
The beauty of the Li River cannot be fully appreciated on a boat. Instead, hike slowly along the river, and immerse your feet in the water. Follow the trail through bamboo groves, treading between golden rice fields (in early autumn), and climbing the Xianggong Hill to have a panoramic view of Li River, which is highly recommended by photography enthusiasts, and even enjoy the countryside sunset on the return way. This is how to fully appreciate the beauty of the Li River and Yangshuo.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking professional tour guide service.
- Comfortable vehicle with A/C.
- Admission ticket to Li River Scenic Area and Xianggong Hill.
- Bottled water.
- Ferry boat and tuktuk fee.
- Entry/Admission - Li River
- Entry/Admission - Xianggong Mountain
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Personal expenses.
- Airport transfer.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Li River, Xingping China
The Quanjiazhou–Lengshui riverside trail is now reopend. There is a 11-km (6½-mile) or around 3½-hour hike from Quanjiazhou to Xingping:
From Guilin, it’s about 1½ hours by road to Quanjiazhou village. From there, hike about 2 hours (7 km or 4 miles) on a winding road/track between hills and the river to the Lengshui village pier opposite Jiumahua Shan (九马画山 ‘Nine Horse Painting Hill’). Then take a bamboo/pipe raft ferry across the Li River.
Continue on the riverside walk downriver for about 1½ hours (5 km or 3 miles) to reach Xingping Ancient Town. You can also take a tuktuk (10 minutes) to Xingping from Jiumahua Shan. Tuktuk fee is included.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Xingping Fishing Village, Xingping Town, Yangshuo County 541906 China
Once, in ancient times, Xingping was the largest town along the Li River, and is 63 km (39 miles) from Guilin and 25 km (15.5 miles) from Yangshuo, on the east bank of the river. The historic sites here can be found in Xingping Old Street. The old street is a one-kilometer long stone street lined with old brick buildings and assembly halls like those of many different provinces. Xingping is one of the best photographic locations in Guilin. Photographers go there to take photos of the best-known attractions on the Li River, the sunset and sunrise over the Li River and cormorant fishing. The ironic image of Guilin – an old fisherman in his coir raincoat on a bamboo raft with his cormorants – is taken in Xingping.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Xianggong Mountain, Xingping Town, Yangshuo County 541906 China
Locate nearby the Putao Town, 28km north of Yangshuo, Xianggong Hill is one of the best place for photos of the breathtaking views especially the sunrise over the bend in the Li River. It takes approximately 15-20 minutes to peak. You’ll have opportunity to watch the Li River running round a right-angled bend and the fantastic Karst scenery.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The hotel collection and drop-off areas will be within the urban areas of Guilin and Guilin: In Guilin city, the area is: the north side is Beijiguangchang/北极广场, the west side is West Hill Park/西山公园, the east side is Sanlidian Square/三里店广场 and the south side is Wonderful Plaza/万福广场. Most of the major hotels are located in these areas such as Sheraton Hotel Guilin, Shangri-la Hotel Guilin, Guilin Ljiang Waterfall Hotel and Guilin Bravo Hotel etc.In Yangshuo, the hotel collection and drop-off area should be within the urban area. For further distances, you need to hire a taxi to the Green Lotus Hotel (碧莲江景酒店).For further distances, you need to hire a taxi to the appointed hotel which your tour guide will tell you the day before the trip.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Xianggong Hill could be temporarily closed due to government activities, which we can NOT be informed in advance. We may visit Cuiping Five Fingers Mountain instead, which is Located nearby the Putao Town, 22km north of Yangshuo. Cuiping Wuzhishan (Wuzhi Hill) is a nice place to take sunset photos. It takes around 20 minutes to climb up and you will photograph numerous karst mountain peaks and some villages with many paddies surrounded by a river. A wonderful place not to be missed in Yangshuo. The tour guide may adjust the itinerary according to the current situation.
- In Guilin, the hotel collection and drop-off areas will be within the urban areas. For further distances, you need to hire a taxi to the appointed hotel which your tour guide will tell you the day before the trip.
- In Yangshuo, the hotel collection and drop-off area should be within the urban area. For further distances, you need to hire a taxi to the Green Lotus Hotel (碧莲江景酒店). Banyan Tree Yangshuo and Alila Yangshuo are outside of free pickup area.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Ferry Crossings could be closed due to bad weather. You could do is take a local bus or private transport and do a section of the hike without the ferry crossing.
- Most travelers can participate
- Lunch is not included. The tour guide can recommend you some good restaurants in Xingping Ancient Town.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.