Full-Day Private Tour to the Kanchipuram Temples from Chennai
Kanchipuram silk tour is a day trip from Chennai to meet the legendary Kanchipuram silk saree weavers. On offer is a unique experience of the fine art of making silk sarees which are a cultural icon in this part of the world. We will also visit 2 ancient temples from the 7th-8th century AD, to appreciate the magnificent Pallava style architecture
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation by private car (if option selected)
- Rental of your Royal Enfield motorcycle, includes fuel & helmet (if option selected)
- Private guide
- Entry/Admission - Kailasanathar Temple
- Entry/Admission - Ekambareswarar Temple
- Entry/Admission - Kanchipuram
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kailasanathar Temple, Pillaiyarpalayam, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu 631501, India
Kanchipuram was the capital of the medieval South Indian Kingdom of Pallavas. The Pallavas were instrumental in the transition from rock-cut architecture to stone temples. We visit Kailasanathar temple of Pallava dynasty to appreciate these architectural wonders built in the 7th century by by Pallava king Rajasimha known as Narasimhavarman II. The Kanchi Kailasanathar temple is famous for its magnificent Vimana, the gopuram over the Sanctum Sanctorum. It speaks volumes of architectural beauty that flourished in the reign of Pallava King.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ekambareswarar Temple, Ekambaranathar Sannidhi Street, Kanchipuram 631502 India
Ekambareswarar Temple is one of the famous Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Shiva.
It is one of the five major Shiva temples or Pancha Bootha Sthalams (each representing a natural element) representing the element - Earth. The other four temples in this category are Thiruvanaikaval Jambukeswara (water), Chidambaram Natarajar (ether), Thiruvannamalai Arunachaleswara (fire) and Kalahasti Nathar (wind).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kanchipuram India
Next in our agenda is to meet the legendary Silk Saree Weavers of Kanchipuram.
Kanchipuram is renowned for its magnificent Silk Sarees. Silk Sarees are a cultural icon in South India. Ranging in length from 6-9 yards, these Sarees are worn by women during auspicious occasions like a wedding or a birthday. There are more than 5000 families who are into the business of silk weaving. The sarees are weaved from pure mulberry silk thread.
The traditional loom is an incredible machine used by the silk weavers to magically convert the silk threads into a beautiful Kanchipuram Silk Saree.
We will visit one such Weaver and it will be a memorable experience.
It will be a fascinating experience to see how the sarees are weaved from pure mulberry silk thread.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in chennai
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Since we will be visiting temples, the dress code is covering knees and shoulders
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A valid international driving license for riding motorcycle in India is required (if option selected)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.