Full Day Private Wine & Other Delights
Designed for the visitor who would like to delve deeper into the fabric of the Cape Winelands region, beyond simply tasting the world-class wines for which the area has become renowned. The tour takes one on a journey of uncovering the different tastes on offer, the creative produce birthed out of a desire to enhance or compliment award-winning estate wines from the region. This tour is a delight for all palettes.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Babylonstoren Wine Estate
- Entry/Admission - Spice Route Destination
- Entry/Admission - Villiera Wines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Babylonstoren Wine Estate, Klapmuts - Simondium Rd, Simondium, Paarl, 7670, South Africa
Arrive at Babylonstoren Wine Farm and enjoy a guided tour through the gardens. The Babylonstoren garden is at the heart of the farm and spans eight acres. The garden is formal in structure with meandering walks following the bell tower axis, the old cellar axis or the Babylonstoren hill axis. Walks span over three kilometres in the garden and guests are advised to wear comfortable shoes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Spice Route Destination, Suid Agter Paarl Rd, Suider Paarl, Paarl 7647 South Africa
Continue to the Paarl Wine region where you shall visit Spice Route for a selection of pairings and tastings. Start off with a wine & charcuterie tasting at the Spice Route Tasting Room, followed by single origin chocolate tasting at DV Artisan Chocolate and round off the experience with a Grappa tasting at Wilderer Distillery. En lieu of the grappa, at the Cape Brewery Company (also known as CBC) beer lovers can view the facilities, follow the entire production process, and thereafter either taste a wide variety of beers on tap or at the tasting stations. Lunch may also be enjoyed at one of the many eateries on the Spice Route Estate (to own account).
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Villiera Wines, Corner of R304 and R101, Koelenhof, Stellenbosch 7605 South Africa
End the day with a stop at Villiera Wine Estate’s Tasting Room for a pairing of Villiera MCC sparkling wine and Sally Williams Nougat.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, 1 Lower Buitengracht, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
An accurate collection time will be communicated to your hotel the day prior to departure.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.