Full Day Private Wine Tour in Kakheti Region with Lunch and 3 Wine Tastings
The tour will be held in Kakheti region, main wine producing region of Georgia and will last for circa 9-10 hrs. Includes 3 tastings at different wineries (organic, family, conventional) and a lunch. During this experience you will sample unique Georgian red and white varieties of wines produced according to the Georgian clay vessel "Qvevri" technology. First stop - village Badiauri to taste fresh-baked Georgian bread directly from bakery paired with local cheese. Next stop - unique fortified town of Sighnaghi. Stroll through narrow cobble stone streets of town ending the visit with tasting of 3 type of wines and Chacha (Grape Vodka) at Okros organic winery. Lunch at family winery with unlimited wine. 3rd tasting (2 types of wine) in former bomb shelter underground tunnel of Khareba winery. Churchkhela masterclass included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- COVID19 negative tested guides
- Hand Sanitizers
- Rubber Gloves
- Protective Face Masks
- Bottled Water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private transportation
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off
- Entry/Admission - Sighnaghi Wall
- Entry/Admission - Vaxo Oqruashvili's Wine Cellar
- Entry/Admission - Tunnel Winery Khareba's
- Entry/Admission - Gremi Citadel and Church of the Archangels
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Badiauri, Badiauri, Kakheti Region
Our first short stop will be in village Badiauri where you will experience traditional Georgian fresh bread Shoti directly from bakery paired with local home made cheese
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sighnaghi Wall, Sighnaghi, Georgia
Second stop will be in town of Love Sighnaghi. Stroll along the narrow cobblestone streets of Sighnaghi to reach 100% organic Boutique Winery Okro's. Okros is leading natural wine producer in Georgia exporting organic wines to USA, UK, Italy, France, Australia and Scandinavian countries and is sold in leading natural wine bars and restaurants worldwide. At this marvelous place you will learn in details from the owner how the wine is made according to the Georgian ancient tradition and have the chance to taste 3 different wine varieties and Chacha (Georgian grape vodka) enjoying Alazani Valley and on the background beautiful views of Great Caucasian Mountains from the terrace of the winery. After couple of glasses of natural wines, we will have a look at Okro's Marani (wine cellar), the place where all the magic of Georgian winemaking is happening.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vaxo Oqruashvili's Wine Cellar, Velistsikhe 1500 Georgia
Traditional Georgian lunch at local Kakhetian family in village of Velistiskhe, the winemaker will host you personally and will take you around his vineyard, garden and wine cellar where his own production will be offered for sampling, which in Georgia means real drinking than just sampling :) Tasting will be followed by home made lunch, all the products are locally produced in the village by the host family or by the neighbors. According to the Georgian traditions, wine should be always present during the feast.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tunnel Winery Khareba's, Meurneoba District Kakheti, Kvareli 383320 Georgia
Winery Khareba is located in underground tunnel of former territory of Soviet bomb shelter, it’s one of the biggest wineries in Georgia, producing high quality conventional wines according to traditional Georgian winemaking technology in Qvevris (massive clay jars buried in earth) and also using European one. You will sample 2 types of traditional Qvevri wines in a 4.1km long underground tunnel which is mostly used for storing and aging of wines. Guests will have the chance participate in masterclass of preparation of local dessert called Churchkhela, made from juice of grape and walnuts.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gremi Citadel and Church of the Archangels, Gremi village, Gremi 383330 Georgia
16th century church of Archangels Gremi, visit is optional as it lays on the way to Tbilisi when returning via Gombori pass.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gombori Pass, Gombori-Telavi Rd, Telavi Georgia
The wine experience goes around main wine making region of Kakheti, basically you will take the main road to get to Kakheti region, but on the way back the guests will travel to Tbilisi through amazing mountains and landscapes of Gombori pass, if clear weather, we will make a short photo stop on the top of the pass at 1,600mt above sea level. Not available in winter period!
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel, guesthouse or private flat within TbilisiAirports
- Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport, Tbilisi Georgia
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Georgia is coping with the pandemic quite well so far, below 1000 cases, only 14 fatal among them, many parts of the country are COVID free zones, SO WELCOME TO GEORGIA! OUR GUIDES ARE TESTED COVID19 NEGATIVE. COMPANY VEHICLES ARE DISINFECTED ON REGULAR BASIS. WE CARE ABOUT YOU!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.