Full-Day Punta Arenas and Magellan Strait Tour
Enjoy this day tour to the Magellan Strait Park and the city of Punta Arenas departing from either your hotel or from Punta Arena's port!
This tours is for travelers who have little time to meet Punta Arenas offering two tours in one day!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Cementerio Municipal
- Entry/Admission - Museo Regional De Magallanes
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Parque del Estrecho de Magallanes
- Entry/Admission - Tours Punta Arenas - Day Tours
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque del Estrecho de Magallanes, Ruta Y-621, s/n 52 Km South From Punta Arenas, Punta Arenas 6200000 Chile
The Strait of Magellan Park is a protected area of almost 250 hectares. The main objective is the conservation and dissemination of the natural and historical heritage within it. The places of interest within the Park are: - Museum of the Strait (Interpretation Center): Sentinel of the landscape that in its 1,600 m2 houses cafeteria, shop, panoramic terrace and interpretive and multimedia sample. - MHN Fuerte Bulnes Site: Covering an area of 4 hectares is the historical re-construction of the first Chilean settlement in the territory. - Path of the Coast: Footpath of 1.5 kilometers of extension, of low to medium difficulty that crosses the forests and roqueríos around the Fort. - Forest of the Wind Trail: Pedestrian path of almost 300 meters in length, low difficulty leads to where you can see the passage of boats, birds and whales.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cementerio Municipal, Punta Arenas Chile
The Municipal Cemetery of Punta Arenas, officially Sara Braun Municipal Cemetery, 1 is a four-hectare cemetery located on Avenida Bulnes, in the northern sector of the city of the Magallanes Region, Chile.
Its entrance is formed by a portico donated by the benefactress Sara Braun, that ends in a square that distributes the avenues of cypresses.
It was declared a National Monument in Historic Monument Category by Decree 499 of November 26, 2012.
Various international publications have cataloged it as one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mirador Cerro De La Cruz, Punta Arenas Chile
Viewpoint that offers a panoramic view of the bay and the landscapes that surround the city.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Armas, Plaza B Munoz Gamero, Punta Arenas Chile
Muñoz Gamero Square
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Museo Regional De Magallanes, Hernando de Magallanes 949, Punta Arenas 6200859 Chile
Located in the palace of the Braun Menéndez Family, inside you can visit collections of furniture and objects from the golden age of Magallanes, a historical exhibition and temporary exhibitions.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tours Punta Arenas - Day Tours, Pasaje Club Hipico 0618, Punta Arenas 6212248 Chile
The tour starts after your pickup, and you will drive 60 km south of the city. The route runs along the Strait of Magellan to observe a variety of seabirds: seagulls, caiquenes, ibis, cormorants and others. The journey takes about an hour. Your first destination is the landmark that marks the geographic center of Chile, where you can take pictures, then continue to Fort Bulnes, only a kilometer from the sector.
After an hour inside this fort, you will begin the return, but not before visiting another historical site, Mansa, which is located a kilometer and a half from Fort Bulnes. Here you visit the Rey Don Felipe City, founded in 1584 by Don Pedro Sarmiento and later renamed Puerto del Hambre. You can also take pictures and learn the history of this place. Now, return to the city of Punta Arenas.
Visit Punta Arenas, the southernmost city in the American continent, is a walk through the history of Patagonia. The first stop is at ‘Cerro de la Cruz’ lookout, where you get a marvelous general view of the city and its colorful roofs, the Strait of Magellan and at the back of the great Tierra del Fuego.
Here, the local guide will give you important information about the city. The tour continues along the streets of the city, up to the main square, a place surrounded by beautiful colonial buildings. Also, you can see the monument to Hernando de Magallanes and buy some local handicraft.
The last part of the tour includes a tour in the northern part of the city, allowing you to see the great amount of monuments, such as the monument to the shepherd, the Croatian square, the Antoine de Saint Exupery square and the different neighborhoods in Punta Arenas. Finally, you'll return to the hotel or port.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Airport, Port, all accommodations
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Passengers must have their own masks. The rest is provided by us
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.