Full Day Robben Island & City incl. Cable Car
Including all the `must-sees` of any Cape Town day tour, this option is a geographical and cultural extravaganza, showing you Cape Town, from its historical beginnings to its dark days of apartheid and present day spirit of triumph and hope in a democratic South Africa.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Robben Island Museum
- Entry/Admission - Table Mountain
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Robben Island Museum, Cape Town Central 7400 South Africa
The tour commences with a ferry trip across the bay to Robben Island. (weather permitting). From the 17th to the 20th centuries, Robben Island served as a place of banishment, isolation and imprisonment. Today it is a World Heritage Site and museum, a poignant reminder of the price paid for freedom. The excursion includes a return ferry to the island, a bus tour on the island and of the prison.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Bo-kaap, Cape Town Central South Africa
Upon return to the mainland, enjoy a drive through Bo-Kaap to discover how the Malay slaves influenced the culture, food and aesthetics of this beautiful city and its people.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Company's Gardens, 19 Queen Victoria Street, Cape Town Central 8001 South Africa
In the heart of the city enjoy for a short walk through the Company Gardens. From squirrels to a variety of plant life, it’s just a happy place to soak up some ‘Cape Town vibes’ and enjoy the aviaries and fishponds. On the Wale Street end of the garden you will find a monument which was created to commemorate the life and work of Desmond Tutu – lovingly referred to by South Africans as “The Arch” and a tribute to the values of the South African Constitution.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Continue to Table Mountain where you shall reach the top by cable car (weather permitting; cable car fee not included). Enjoy the panoramic views over the city with Robben Island lying sleepily in Table Bay. Also, get a bird’s eye view over the Atlantic Seaboard.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town, 1 Lower Buitengracht, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
An accurate collection time will be communicated to your hotel the day prior to departure.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.